Need help understanding your bill?
labrat1996's profile

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

Sunday, August 21st, 2016 11:32 PM

How much to add a line to my account ?

My husband is on AT&T with his own plan (Galaxy S6) and I have a family plan with my daughter (both iPhones) with 30G of data and a 14% discount. His phone is almost paid off and he is wanting to set his son off on his own plan and add his line to my plan. How much will that cost? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

It is $15/mo to add a line to your 30GB plan unless his line is on a 2 year service contract (not a Next plan) in which case it is $40/month until the contract ends. Since he has his own plan and presuming his plan is on his own account, not yours, to transfer his line to your plan he needs to initiate a transfer of billing responsibility. If his plan and yours are already on the same account, then you can just move his line to your plan and cancel his plan. 

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

No - he is not on a contract. That is good news.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@labrat1996

You might want to look at the new plan.  The price of line fees went up, but data is a lot less.

3 lines would be $20 each , 30 gigs of data is $135.  

If you have a promo plan, as I do, paying $130 for 30 gigs, then stay put.

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

I have the $130 per month promo plan, so I am staying put. We actually only use about 15G per month now (her boyfriend uses her hotspot since he only has 2G with his parent's plan) and my husband only uses about 2G so I really don't need 30G, but now it is so pricey, I just keep it because I know I won't get that rate again. 

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

So what is the price for 15G now? 

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

If there is a 20G plan, that woud be perfect, but probably not, right?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I already have three phones on my account. I want to trade one of the phones for an iPhone. Still would be three lines. Would ii still be around the same price that I am paying now. Or would it be more expensive cause of the iPhone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.