How long does att keep contents of texts/IM for court orders?

Highlighted
Contributor

How long does att keep contents of texts/IM for court orders?

Does someone know for sure how long att keep records of content to texts/IM for court orders?

I've talk to att customer service and they say that they dont keep delete content of texts/IM.

But you mention court orders and then they say they keep the records but would not say for how long?

Does any one know for how long?  Any help would be apprciated!!!

Message 1 of 3 (24,001 Views)
Community Manager

Re: How long does att keep contents of texts/IM for court orders?

Hello Gary,

AT&T keeps records of mesages sent/recieved to and from specific numbers, with dates and times for 18 months. AT&T does not keep actual message contents.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (23,866 Views)
Contributor

Re: How long does att keep contents of texts/IM for court orders?

how long does ATT keep CONTEXT of text messages and how much is the cost to retrive them?they were sent and recieved somewhere around 14-20 months ago. what is the process? Thx

Message 3 of 3 (17,587 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.