For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
IneptOldMan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 8:11 PM

How do you change or even find your 4 digit passcode, not the 8 digit one for added security?

If you added security passcode, you have 2 passcodes on your account if you have a hotspot anyway. How do you find and/or change the 4 digit one?  I keep entering 4 digit passcode in search area and the results keep coming up with just the 8 digit one. I am trying to change and add phone service to my at&t, but, the 4 digit is required and I can't find what I did with it, if I ever had it. (probably did have it). Thanks in advance for the info

p.s. If this is in the wrong area please forward it to the right discussion. It doesn't seem to have the right choices for my apparently limited intellect.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

In what search area are you entering your 4-digit passcode?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

You have a user name, alpha numeric password and passcode/PIN.   The default is the list 4 of SS#.  If you can't figure out your number, you will have to call ATT and have the code reset.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have searched in AT&T  wireless forum, AT&T community forum, AT&T support, and on the internet. I am not entering my 4 digit passcode in any search, as, I don't remember what it is and wouldn't put it in a search.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@IneptOldMan. You cannot find it.  You have to know it.  Either it's the last 4 of your SS# or you picked a 4 digit code.  

If you know it, you can login to your account and go to profile page and change it.  You have to know it to log in.  

If you don't know it, you have to call ATT or go to a corporate store to reset your code.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.