Need help understanding your bill?
sebcoe's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 11:58 AM

How do I change my wireless phone number?

Hi everyone,

I am relocating and I want to change my phone number but all I can find is info on changing within the SAME area code.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am also considering getting a new phone.  The fee for a number change in the same area code is $36.  If a number change to a new area code is similiar, is there any reason to not just close my account and open a new one with the new location?

Thanks for any help on this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

The fee for all number changes is $36, I do not recommend closing and reopening your account in a different location. 

Keep in mind that your new area code needs to be associated with the billing address on your account. 

The article wingrider provided goes over the details of how to change your number within the same area code, http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB63372&cv=820#fbid=EsHmLsYvB6f but for outside of area code please see here.

Thanks!

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@sebcoe wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am relocating and I want to change my phone number but all I can find is info on changing within the SAME area code.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am also considering getting a new phone.  The fee for a number change in the same area code is $36.  If a number change to a new area code is similiar, is there any reason to not just close my account and open a new one with the new location?

Thanks for any help on this.

Within the same area code: 

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB63372&cv=820#fbid=EsHmLsYvB6f

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.