Helpful Links

How do I cancel pending purchases from the App Store on an iPhone 8

Contributor

How do I cancel pending purchases from the App Store on an iPhone 8

How do I cancel pending purchases from the App Store 

Message 1 of 18
Contributor

Re: How do I cancel pending purchases from the App Store on an iPhone 8

Apple Support told me I must enter payment info to complete the purchase and then I MIGHT be able to get a refund (I know I won't be able to). I can't even upgrade free apps without completing the pending purchase first. Such a scam!  It's like a store forcing you to buy something just because you put in your shopping cart - you are not allowed to change your mind & put it back on the shelf. It is my kid's ipad so I deleted the Apple ID, made a new one & reinstalled his apps again. 

Message 16 of 18
ACE - Sage

@Nopedotnopecom wrote:

Apple Support told me I must enter payment info to complete the purchase and then I MIGHT be able to get a refund (I know I won't be able to). I can't even upgrade free apps without completing the pending purchase first. Such a scam!  It's like a store forcing you to buy something just because you put in your shopping cart - you are not allowed to change your mind & put it back on the shelf. It is my kid's ipad so I deleted the Apple ID, made a new one & reinstalled his apps again. 

The Apple App Store is completely unrelated to any carrier. Purchases, cancellations, refunds are all handled through Apple and iTunes -  not any carrier -  not At&t, not Verizon, not t-mobile, etc, etc.  

If you’re not happy with how Apple does business, complain to Apple.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 18

No, it is not a scam. Purchasing something from the App Store is not a “shopping cart.” It is a final and binding contract, and this is stated in the terms of service.

A better analogy would be that you bought something from a store and never paid for it. Now you are complaining about the fact that they won’t let you buy more items until you settle your debt.

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support