1 Message

Friday, June 1st, 2018 5:57 AM

How do I cancel pending purchases from the App Store on an iPhone 8

How do I cancel pending purchases from the App Store 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Im not us Resident, that’s awkward so as I understand? I paid for an app that costs 55€ for free? Hmm this is their email; 

You have purchased Carly for BMW Full-Version on 17 June 2019 and acknowledged that if you download or use this in-App Purchase within fourteen days of buying it, you will no longer be eligible to cancel this purchase.

Regards,

The App Store

i tried to cancel it and it didn’t work...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

(Edited) See included image...

D52A4299-A491-47D6-8207-02D80469C439.jpeg

1 Attachment

(edited)

Guru

• 

561 Messages

5 years ago

Well then you’re even more off topic. AT&T is not Apple, and it is in the US.

I don’t know what country you’re in or what the policies are there, but it sure sounds to me like you are out of luck.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

🤦‍♀️  Logic fails this one.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Apple Support told me I must enter payment info to complete the purchase and then I MIGHT be able to get a refund (I know I won't be able to). I can't even upgrade free apps without completing the pending purchase first. Such a scam!  It's like a store forcing you to buy something just because you put in your shopping cart - you are not allowed to change your mind & put it back on the shelf. It is my kid's ipad so I deleted the Apple ID, made a new one & reinstalled his apps again. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Nopedotnopecom wrote:

Apple Support told me I must enter payment info to complete the purchase and then I MIGHT be able to get a refund (I know I won't be able to). I can't even upgrade free apps without completing the pending purchase first. Such a scam!  It's like a store forcing you to buy something just because you put in your shopping cart - you are not allowed to change your mind & put it back on the shelf. It is my kid's ipad so I deleted the Apple ID, made a new one & reinstalled his apps again. 

The Apple App Store is completely unrelated to any carrier. Purchases, cancellations, refunds are all handled through Apple and iTunes -  not any carrier -  not At&t, not Verizon, not t-mobile, etc, etc.  

If you’re not happy with how Apple does business, complain to Apple.  

Guru

• 

561 Messages

5 years ago

No, it is not a scam. Purchasing something from the App Store is not a “shopping cart.” It is a final and binding contract, and this is stated in the terms of service.

A better analogy would be that you bought something from a store and never paid for it. Now you are complaining about the fact that they won’t let you buy more items until you settle your debt.

• 

1 Message

I made three Apple purchases and have a fourth (larger amount?) pending? How do I stop the pending charge I never made? No button to stop it?

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

formerlyknownas, you're right about it. It's too bad they don't have any reliable interconnections with carriers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.