Need help understanding your bill?
Justsomebody's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 5:55 PM

How can I get att to realize my phone is paid off the account shows paid

I took advantage of att bogo sale on iPhones.  I paid my free phone each month and att gave me a credit for my payment.  

Phone was paid off in September 2018.  I have spoken with csrs I have chatted with csrs. They all can see my phone is paid. They keep sending in case numbers to have this corrected. It is now two weeks since my first request. 

Does anyone have a phone number or email address of a department or individual that can help?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Justsomebody wrote:

I took advantage of att bogo sale on iPhones.  I paid my free phone each month and att gave me a credit for my payment.  

Phone was paid off in September 2018.  I have spoken with csrs I have chatted with csrs. They all can see my phone is paid. They keep sending in case numbers to have this corrected. It is now two weeks since my first request. 

Does anyone have a phone number or email address of a department or individual that can help?

Are you trying to unlock the phone? You don't really explain what the issue is. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry I am just plain frustrated. 

I am trying to get an unlock for my phone. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Justsomebody wrote:

Sorry I am just plain frustrated. 

I am trying to get an unlock for my phone. 

That makes sense. 

You mention talking and chatting with reps; have you submitted the request using the unlock portal?

If so, then file a complaint with the FCC. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I try every day on the portal . Since the phone is paid off it shows I have fulfilled my obligations. Unfortunately it seem the right hand doesn’t communicate with the left hand

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Justsomebody wrote:

I try every day on the portal . Since the phone is paid off it shows I have fulfilled my obligations. Unfortunately it seem the right hand doesn’t communicate with the left hand

For some reason, some customers have a hard time with the portal. 

File an FCC complaint; that will get you to someone who can fix the issue. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Regular reps can’t do anything.  Tech support can unlock iPhones right away.  Filing an FCC complaint will probably be the kick in the rear needed.  

I would like to know why the portal is not unlocking?  What message?  Was the phone ever warranted or replaced by insurance?  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

The phone is the original. The Esin and serial numbers match. The upgrade portal shows it is eligible for upgrading it will let me order a phone but I cannot get it unlocked.
Grr maybe I’ll just have to throw the phone in a drawer and buy a new one but it won’t be on Att.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Or file the FCC complaint so that the FCC has ATT misdeeds on record?  ATT cannot prevent unlocking unless you are not eligible per their list of requirements.  

And you didn’t post what the denial message was or if you ever talked to tech support.   Some times it’s an ATT screw up.  But often it’s a legit reason.  Like you moved off a group account to your own and now must wait 60 days, or you Bill was paid late for the last  3 months.   

A complaint to the FCC will get you a call from high up in ATT and either unlocked or explaination why not.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I have spoken to tech support and did chat. All said it was paid I always pay my bill upon receipt.
I spoke again with support this morning and again they said no reason to deny.
The message I get is this phone is not eligible for unlocking. The reasons are not paid off or under contract.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hooray finally I was able to get the phone unlocked. I thank all the members that offered help.

thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.