09-02-2011 7:36 AM - edited 09-02-2011 7:37 AM
We have 3 lines on a Famliy plan. The account is in my husband's name. My name has already been changed to show on someone's caller ID, thanks to someone who worked for ATT that did it for me but no longer works there. Obviously, my husband's name is fine.
My question is...how can I have the 3rd line changed to reflect my sister's name on someone's caller ID?? She asked the rep to change it when she bought her current phone, but obviously it was NOT done. Who do I need to contact?? CC or someone else??
~ REGRET NOTHING~
~ we live & learn~
Solved by: Go to Solution.
09-26-2011 9:45 PM
Who are you calling when the name shows up wrong, and does the number show up correctly?
When you call some non-ATT customer (like Comcast, or CenturyLink) ATT only passes the number to the calling party, because that is how caller ID works. If it's correct in ATT's system, then the problem is with the called parties carrier and ATT can do little to fix it. Tier II technical support can fill out the 'Mobility CNAM' form, and attempt to have the problem carrier contacted, but there is no assurance of resolution.
Certain companies (I'm looking at you, Comcast) rarely if ever update their caller ID records.
09-26-2011 10:19 PM
09-27-2011 3:04 AM
09-27-2011 4:02 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I did clear the memory from my cordless phone here at home. We have the Cox bundle - phone, internet and cable. I got my husband to call the house after I cleared out the memory and it still comes up in my name. My biggest concern is that my husband uses his phone periodically for making business calls and it just doesn't look professional for my name to come up on the caller id. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I did go back online and redo the names a couple of weeks ago. In fact, the last time I called customer service she said she could see where I had changed all the names on our plan and that it looked like I did it correctly. But it still comes up in my name when we call.
09-27-2011 10:23 AM
09-27-2011 11:56 AM
I guess I need to find someone to call who doesn't have Cox and see if it shows up correctly on their phone then! Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it!
07-17-2012 12:33 PM
Moved for better exposure
01-02-2013 6:27 PM - last edited on 01-02-2013 7:49 PM by Phil-101
Just curious to see if you ever got your name changed when you call someone who has Cox? I have been trying to get my name changed for over 2 years, and have had no luck. Since I purchased my phone over a couple of years ago, it has always had someone else's name come up on the caller id. At&t said that they keep fixing it on their end, and that they can't force other carriers to change it.
[Edited to comply with Guidelines]
01-03-2016 1:28 AM
These are the steps to take (as of Jan 1, 2016).
The current correct steps to change the name, email and mailing address etc for each user on each phone of the family plan are:
1. Log in to your AT&T account.
2. Mouse over the "myAT&T" tab (between "shop" and "Support"). DON'T click
3. Move mouse down to "Profile" on second level menu that gets displayed. DON'T click
4. Move mouse down to "Update My Profile". Now you can click on that.
5. You should see three tabs below "My Profile" page title, by default you should have come in on the "Account Information" tab. Make sure you are on your mobile phone account. There is an orange "Select" button to change if it is on your Uverse or some other account. Pick your mobile phone account. Once on correct account continue.
6. Click "User Information" tab
7. Should bring you to one of your family plan phone numbers. Scroll down the screen and make sure the "Primary User" name and email are correct and below that the "Place of primary use" is correct. If you need to make changes there is a separate "edit" button for each section. (Pain in the... right?). You can also add a picture and assign what kind of phone they have on this screen as well. Once/if you edit any of the info it does not bring you back to this screen, either back button a couple times until you get here or start back at #2 above.
8. Once back to the "User Information" tab, you can select (Orange button dropdown) another phone number on the family plan and go through the same gyrations to make sure that info is right.
9. Repeat the cycle until all numbers on the account have the correct info.