Need help understanding your bill?
Dcookie's profile

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

Friday, September 2nd, 2011 2:36 PM

Closed

How can I get a name change on caller ID??

We have 3 lines on a Famliy plan. The account is in my husband's name. My name has already been changed to show on someone's caller ID, thanks to someone who worked for ATT that did it for me but no longer works there. Obviously, my husband's name is fine. 

My question is...how can I have the 3rd line changed to reflect my sister's name on someone's caller ID?? She asked the rep to change it when she bought her current phone, but obviously it was NOT done. Who do I need to contact?? CC or someone else?? 

TIA

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

12 years ago

@youngjm wrote:

Either call Customer Service or I think you can do it online via the OLAM on the Profile My Profile>User Information.  From there select the user and update the first and last name.  It may take a few hours to update their systems but that should do it.

Wow, I am glad i found this string, DC i too, have 3 lines on my plan and there's one line i want to change the name displayed.  I will log onto the account and change user then see if it takes this time tomorrow!

Thanks for an informational discussion!

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

@RicoLX wrote:

@youngjm wrote:

Either call Customer Service or I think you can do it online via the OLAM on the Profile My Profile>User Information.  From there select the user and update the first and last name.  It may take a few hours to update their systems but that should do it.

Wow, I am glad i found this string, DC i too, have 3 lines on my plan and there's one line i want to change the name displayed.  I will log onto the account and change user then see if it takes this time tomorrow!

Thanks for an informational discussion!

Yep, it worked for me...it took a little while to change but it DID work. 🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

But I have literally been trying for months to get it to change. 

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

12 years ago

@bayoubelle-2000 wrote:

But I have literally been trying for months to get it to change. 

Hi bayoubelle-2000. I really don''t know what to suggest. As you can see, I had to ask about it too and did what I was told to do, online, and it worked. Did you try again online? I believe you need to SAVE it, if I recall correctly. 

Hopefully, someone will have an answer for you. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Who are you calling when the name shows up wrong, and does the number show up correctly?

When you call some non-ATT customer (like Comcast, or CenturyLink) ATT only passes the number to the calling party, because that is how caller ID works. If it's correct in ATT's system, then the problem is with the called parties carrier and ATT can do little to fix it. Tier II technical support can fill out the 'Mobility CNAM' form, and attempt to have the problem carrier contacted, but there is no assurance of resolution. 

Certain companies (I'm looking at you, Comcast) rarely if ever update their caller ID records. 

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

and also the caller id box will pull from memory first so it has to be cleard when the other company updates their database or it'll never show the correct name on the caller id

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

12 years ago

I have made a change at my account level yesterday on one of the lines on my account. I will see if its updated today or will monitor how long it takes. But if i remember, when I made the change initially on that line , it showed up next day. Which is great.

JFiz Da Wiz got a good point, cache clearing. Sometimes that definitely could be happening where the preloaded or saved info is tapped into and wouldnt hurt to clear that out anyways.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for all the replies.  I did clear the memory from my cordless phone here at home.  We have the Cox bundle - phone, internet and cable. I got my husband to call the house after I cleared out the memory and it still comes up in my name.   My biggest concern is that my husband uses his phone periodically for making business calls and it just doesn't look professional for my name to come up on the caller id.  If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I did go back online and redo the names a couple of weeks ago.  In fact, the last time I called customer service she said she could see where I had changed all the names on our plan and that it looked like I did it correctly.  But it still comes up in my name when we call. 

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Cox is notorious for updating maybe every 6 months

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I guess I need to find someone to call who doesn't have Cox and see if it shows up correctly on their phone then!  Thanks for all the help.   I appreciate it!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.