Need help understanding your bill?
Dcookie's profile

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

Friday, September 2nd, 2011 2:36 PM

Closed

How can I get a name change on caller ID??

We have 3 lines on a Famliy plan. The account is in my husband's name. My name has already been changed to show on someone's caller ID, thanks to someone who worked for ATT that did it for me but no longer works there. Obviously, my husband's name is fine. 

My question is...how can I have the 3rd line changed to reflect my sister's name on someone's caller ID?? She asked the rep to change it when she bought her current phone, but obviously it was NOT done. Who do I need to contact?? CC or someone else?? 

TIA

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Either call Customer Service or I think you can do it online via the OLAM on the Profile My Profile>User Information.  From there select the user and update the first and last name.  It may take a few hours to update their systems but that should do it.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks youngjm...I'll try it online and see what happens. 🙂

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks youngjm..it took me a while to find where I was going but I found it and did what you said. It shows her name on there now and I'll check with her later to see if it changes over. 🙂

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Glad to hear it. It too took me a while to find it as they keep moving things around:-)

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for helping out youngjm. 😄

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

@youngjm wrote:
Glad to hear it. It too took me a while to find it as they keep moving things around:-)

Now, that I've been coming here a bit more, I'm kind of getting used to the new layout. It still confuses me but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks again. Smiley Wink

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

youngjm..just wanted to let you know that my sister's name finally showed up today on my home phone caller id. IT WORKED!! If I knew it was THAT simple to change it, I would have done it LONG ago. Smiley Very Happy

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the update.  It has been awhile since I have had to do this myself and you know things change.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

We are on the family plan with four phones.  The plan is under my name, so all four phones come up with my name when the family calls someone.  I have been trying for a few months now to get our names changed on the called id.  I changed them online and that didn't work and I have called Customer Service twice now and talked to two very nice people who thought they had corrected the problem, but unfortunately the names still haven't changed.  Does anyone have any idea how I can get the names to show up correctly?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

When I changed mine under the profile - user information, it took about a week to change the caller id. But it did work. Sometimes it takes longer for certain phone companies to update their NAM database.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.