Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Hotspot data and regular monthly data

Contributor

Hotspot data and regular monthly data

I was thinking about switching to the unlimited premium plan. After reading the plan I want some clarification.

Is the 15 gigs of hot spot data part of the 22 gigs of regular monthly data (before slowing speeds) , or are they 2 seperate caches of data?

Thanks ahead of time! 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Jasik1110
‎01-31-2019 5:49 PM

Re: Hotspot data and regular monthly data

The 15 GB of hotspot is not separate. It would count against the 22GB for possible slowdown.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Does AT&T pull the data usage from the hotspot separately? For example, if I have used 4GB data of the 22GB before ever using my hotspot, does that 4GB count toward the 15GB hotspot usage?

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@CraigEJ17 wrote:

Does AT&T pull the data usage from the hotspot separately? For example, if I have used 4GB data of the 22GB before ever using my hotspot, does that 4GB count toward the 15GB hotspot usage?

No, only hotspot usage counts against the 15GB hotspot limit.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support