Need help understanding your bill?
PROUDARMYMOM's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 4:07 PM

HORRIBLE COMPANY.

HORRIBLE. THEY DO NOT SUPPORT MILITARY! THEY ARE DISRESPECTFUL AND RUDE. THE TINY DISCOUNT YOU GIVE DOES NOTHING. MY SON DEPLOYS TO FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY YOU GIVE HIM THE RUN AROUND WON'T HELP HIM DO A MILITARY SUSPENSION WON'T EVEN MAKE SURE HE'S GOT IT DONE BEFORE HE LEAVES. HE PAYED FOR HIS PHONE YOU WON'T ALLOW HIM TO UNLOCK IT. WHY WELL BECAUSE HE MADE A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT ON A BILL 1 WEEK PAST WHEN IT WAS DUE.PHONES ARE NOT TURNED OFF THWRE HAS BEEN NO INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE HE TOOK OUT AN EXTENSION SO HE COULD USE HIS MONEY TO FLY HOME ONE MORE TIME BEFORE DEPLOYMENT. $189 THAT'S WHAT STOPPED MY SON'S COMMUNICATION!! SO NOW HE HAS NO WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH FAMILY WHILE DEPLOYED. AT&T IS A JOKE. WE HAVE BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY FOR 10 YEARS. YOU WEAR SHIRTS STATING YOU SUPPORT. BUT WHEN THEY NEED HELP YOU DO NOTHING!! WE ARE SWITCHING AFTER 10 YEARS OF FAITHFUL SERVICE WE WILL NOT SUPPORT AT&T AS THEY DO NOT SUPPORT THE US MILITARY!!!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@PROUDARMYMOM wrote:

HORRIBLE. THEY DO NOT SUPPORT MILITARY! THEY ARE DISRESPECTFUL AND RUDE. THE TINY DISCOUNT YOU GIVE DOES NOTHING. MY SON DEPLOYS TO FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY YOU GIVE HIM THE RUN AROUND WON'T HELP HIM DO A MILITARY SUSPENSION WON'T EVEN MAKE SURE HE'S GOT IT DONE BEFORE HE LEAVES. HE PAYED FOR HIS PHONE YOU WON'T ALLOW HIM TO UNLOCK IT. WHY WELL BECAUSE HE MADE A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT ON A BILL 1 WEEK PAST WHEN IT WAS DUE.PHONES ARE NOT TURNED OFF THWRE HAS BEEN NO INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE HE TOOK OUT AN EXTENSION SO HE COULD USE HIS MONEY TO FLY HOME ONE MORE TIME BEFORE DEPLOYMENT. $189 THAT'S WHAT STOPPED MY SON'S COMMUNICATION!! SO NOW HE HAS NO WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH FAMILY WHILE DEPLOYED. AT&T IS A JOKE. WE HAVE BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY FOR 10 YEARS. YOU WEAR SHIRTS STATING YOU SUPPORT. BUT WHEN THEY NEED HELP YOU DO NOTHING!! WE ARE SWITCHING AFTER 10 YEARS OF FAITHFUL SERVICE WE WILL NOT SUPPORT AT&T AS THEY DO NOT SUPPORT THE US MILITARY!!!!!!!!!

All caps does nothing but make your rant very difficult to read. 

AT&T has a number of ways in which it shows support for the military. As you mentioned, there is a discount for military members (15%, if I'm not mistaken) that is available even on plans where other discounts are not valid. There are military cancellation options, where the service member can cancel without penalty and keep their phone number available for up to 39 months. 

AT&T does not, however, allow any plan changes while a bill is past due, even if an arrangement has been made, which includes unlocking a phone. Once the bill is caught up, he can request the unlock online. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

6 years ago

@PROUDARMYMOM

Disagree.  

ATT has the same policy for active duty service persons as all carriers.  Per the Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA) it allows cancelation without ETF.  https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045509

Military and Verterans and their spouses are also allowed discounts on ANY POSTPAID plan.  

Did you or your son actually ask for help?  EVER?  

It is not possible to cancel or suspend his service if it is suspended due to non payment.  Before you start slinging mud at ATT, you need to review a few facts. 

Make sure you meet all these requirements to qualify for U.S. military cancellation under the SCRA:
You're going to basic training, boot camp, or active-duty deployment, transferring from base-to-base, or you're in the Reserve/National Guard and called to active duty.
You're transferring to an area without AT&T service. (Except if your account address is in Minnesota or Wisconsin.)
Your account is in good standing and you agree to pay the latest bill.
Your AT&T service contract was in effect before receiving your deployment orders.
The Department of Defense database lists your name as an active member of the U.S. military.

My gut response.   The military takes a dim view of paying bills late and in general honoring obligations.  His C.O. would drop the hammer if he knew he skipped paying his bills to pay for a plan ticket Home.  And $189?  How many months is he late?  That’s more than one bill.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.