Need help understanding your bill?
jltmich's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 6:35 PM

Grandfathered Family plan with unlimited data compared to new unlimited plans

It seems like the new plans are a better deal but have always been told if I give up my unlimited data plan I could not get it back so I am reluctant to change. Is the data speed the same? Better? Worse? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Data speeds on the new plan are the same unless you get unlimited choice which is capped at 3mbps. Unless you are getting a big corporate discount, there is zero reason to keep your old plan.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@pcook7 wrote:

May I ask please (and forgive my ignorance) if plan is updated to newer package, that removes any corporate discount currently in place?  I have changed plans a couple times since 2001 and corp discount has remained.  Thank you for any clarification offered.  

Yes. If you change your plan to one of the unlimited plans, the corporate discount will be removed. The discount will still be on your account and will apply to anything else it covers such as accessories but the discount will no longer apply to any plan charges. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks! That is what I figured. I do get a corporate discount but it is not enough to cover the difference in cost. Also we have started traveling to Mexico and it seems the new plan includes usage there as well.

Thanks again!

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

unlimited plus is the same with what you have right now 4glte  3-10mbps

unlimited choice  3mbps

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

May I ask please (and forgive my ignorance) if plan is updated to newer package, that removes any corporate discount currently in place?  I have changed plans a couple times since 2001 and corp discount has remained.  Thank you for any clarification offered.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@pcook7

Until these new unlimited plans were offered in 2017 all plans allowed FAN discounts.  The 2017 unlimited plans expressly EXCLUDE employee discounts.  Only discount allowed is military

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.