Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

sorry i wasnt sure where to put this.. am i able to use google voice as voice mail.. i been getting many answers: yes if i port my number.. yes if i forward my number and then give out the google number instead of my att number.. yes but i dont need to do any of the above.

Message 1 of 7 (3,068 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ocean State 41
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

[ Edited ]

Yes you can. Follow the setup instructions and your voicemails will forward to that instead of at&t. People can call you on the same number as normal

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (3,053 Views)

OK oh boy LOL I assume set up directions are you know proof? A friend said he'd help me Tuesday night but I don't wanna wait haha. Do you use it? Can believe I only got one reply. Thank you Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 7 (3,041 Views)
Employee

I use it for visual voicemail and free unlimited texting. Do you have an android phone or something else
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (3,025 Views)

I don't need the texting and don't wanna give out a new number. I just want visual voice mail yes I have Samsung infuse. New.
Message 5 of 7 (3,019 Views)
Highlighted

GV Directions needed was Re: Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

i'm sorry to ask but i cant find good detailed directions to set up GV.. every one i read says i need to forward calls .. but att said if i fwd calls my phone wont ring.. the line just gets forwarded.. i also dont want to have to give everyone a new number.. i have ironically googled for directions but can find any.. i'm kinda. you know with this so they need be clear and complete..

Message 6 of 7 (3,010 Views)
Employee

You only need to forward unanswered calls and the app sets it up for you
Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 7 (2,997 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.