Need help understanding your bill?
Shiznorak's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 3:59 PM

General Call forwarding questions

I had a few questions about call forwarding.

1. I have a company phone (an old old phone) and a personal phone (Galaxy s3).  I was wondering if I did call forwarding from the company phone to my personal phone whose plan will the minutes be deducted from?
  2. My second question is, what charges are involved for call forwarding if there is any.
  3. What voicemail (Business or Personal) will the call go to if I miss the call?
  4. If I had call forwarding activated and I recieve a phone call from the business phone to my personal phone and for some reason I have to go to the internet using my personal phone to check something during the call, whose data plan does that charge? (I know this last question is poorly written)

I think that sums up my questions.  I called the support line twice today (one time from my personal phone and one time from my company phone) and received conflicting answers.

P.S. We both have ATT

Thank you in advance for your help!

~Mike

edited: Added fourth question.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

1. Since you are both AT&T, there are no charges for forwarding as the calls are mobile to mobile as long as both phones have mobile to mobile.
2. There are no charges for call forwarding.
3. it will go to your personal voicemail.
4. It will use the data plan of the phone used to access the data.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

You can learn how to turn on Call Forwarding to send incoming calls to another phone number and turn off Call Forwarding to stop forwarding calls at: Turning Call Forwarding on and off.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

So for question 1. It will count as ATT mobile to mobile and neither account would be deducted minutes?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

That is correct. I have an AT&T cell phone that I use for my home phone that is forwarded to my cell phone if not answered. There are no charges of any kind and no minutes used besides the incoming minutes used to the originating phone.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you very much!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why would my prepaid phone say that it is call forwarding unconditionally and that erasure was successful in settings?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.