For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Bornhere's profile

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

Monday, July 4th, 2016 3:47 PM

Frustrated? Read This

I was an At&T wireless customer until the combined billing debacle got the better of me. I remain with Directv as things are expensive but work well for the most part. Lo and behold, as I read the New York Times this morning I saw this article stating how these companies are fully aware of their infererior CS. I hope they leave the link up and enjoy your Fourth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/04/technology/why-tech-support-is-purposely-unbearable.html

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

I remember your screen name.  And the Combined billing nonsense got quite a few people.

It baffles me why they weren't able to fix it and why they continued to promote it.  

There seems to be an acceptable number of losses they are willing to deal with if it "mostly" works.

I hope your new carrier is working out well for you.  

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

8 years ago

If all works out I'll be back when the new iPhone is out. I have about $225 worth of Plenti points. I'm with Verizon and all is well. AT&T has excellent coverage in the New York area so I was happy with that. But the CS? I had better CS from mom and pop shops. Next time I won't combine bills and hopefully they are having discounts because by all accounts this iPhone (7) is just a placeholder for next year's 10th anniversary model. Thanks for remembering. I still have the app on my phone and read this forum.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, you ever really want to read scary stuff, look at how the insurance companies "monetize" our care, and make decisions, literally about how much care they can "get away with".  It's a little frightening what they consider "acceptable", in certain scearios...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Glad Verizon is taking care of you for now.  Sorry the only solution was to jump ship.  

It was the only way to get ATT to snap to attention.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

We're about to cancel our service too! The combined billing has been a nightamare and no one has resolved our billing issues. It's been 2 months, 4 "supervisors", countless CS Reps, and NOT ONCE was the problem fixed like we were told. I haven't tried commenting on their socail media sites, but it's an idea. We live the services we have, but it's not worth all the time and effort we're putting in to get our account fixed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

For me, it has been the same. ATT cannot get their promises together. I have been on the phone now (still holding), for over 45 minutes and this lasy wants to transfer me to someone else. Extremely frustrating. I was sith Sprint for 11 years, I whould have stayed with them.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

8 years ago

When I was with them I honestly felt they were trying to wait me out and hope I would give up. It was more than the combined bill. I also had to fight for the 500 dollar credit as was promised a Directv customer. I must have spent about 30 hours on the phone over these two issues. It took a couple of wonderful CS agents who understood. I know people who are with them for years and never had the problems I encountered. What I learned is to get everything in writing. Don't trust 90% of the CS agents. Don't trust chat. If you have a question come here or do a search here or even Bing or Google. It shouldn't be this difficult but they purposely leave things opaque. This is your best chance for a straight answer. And don't hesitate to use social media.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.