Need help understanding your bill?
AllenLeatherm's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 5:36 PM

Free iPhone for people that switch

I've been with at&t for 10 years . Now I need a new iPhone and will have to pay 25-30 a month 🤔and I see commercial that says free phone to people that switch 😡 looks like I do need to switch
AT&T apparently doesn't want my business anymore so time to go elsewhere

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@AllenLeatherm If they gave EVERYONE new iPhones every two years they would have to raise everyone's bill $27.09 a month.

If you are on an old minute plan (the plans that have contracts), check the prices of current plans, many work out to be cheaper than those plans and that is intentional, it's to help cover the prices of phones...

Make sure who you switch to has the coverage you need (ask people at the place where you use your phone who they use). FYI, AT&T does NOT prorate your last bill.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

The old saying, "no such thing as a free lunch applies".   All promotions come with a catch.  

This one requires direct TV and is not entirely free.  The customer is also tied to ATT for 2 years to get all the credits on the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I already have direct tv anyway so that's not the issue

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately I'm an existing Wireless customer with UVerse TV + Internet and seems not being able to get even half the discount what others would get if they switch ... Pathetic

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@AllenLeatherm wrote:
I've been with at&t for 10 years . Now I need a new iPhone and will have to pay 25-30 a month 🤔and I see commercial that says free phone to people that switch 😡 looks like I do need to switch

Best Buy, Target, and Walmart are all offering up to $250 in gift cards to their respective stores with the purchase of an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus on an eligible device payment plan. From http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/black-friday/

I'm assuming that "eligible plan" is going to be Next. If you shop at any of those stores regularly, that's pretty much as good as cash.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Dude, Nothing is free in life. You will pay for your device one way or another. Stop expecting free devices.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.