For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
liusyilun's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, May 11th, 2017 7:03 AM

Fraudulent business practice by ATT sale reps to gain sales

An AT&T rep recently provided me a fraudulent contract to gain sales from me. The written contract from the sale rep was later denied by AT&T, citing this contract, along with other cellular plan discounts offered  by the rep, was incorrectly provided to me. Instead of cleaning up their own mess and providing an amicable solution to compensate for the headache and the time I wasted on dealing with their deceptive sale rep, my several phone calls to more AT&T sale reps were greeted with threats for fines if I don't just forget about the signed contract and follow their "actual" rules. I had to eventually escalate this issue to the manager.

I request a formal investigation into the fraudulent business practice by ATT sale rep. I have all the written documents to proof the case. Please have someone contact me via email or phone call, or I will bring this issue to other consumer complaint channels.

Yilun

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Fraudulent....how? Written contracts don't change and everyone is provided a copy of any sales agreement, signed by the end user. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

A contract is fraudulent when, in attempt to keep you as a customer, two sale reps independently verified over the phone and in writing that you are given a $8 discount with zero changes to your existing 2GB cellular data plan, and in reality the rep go ahead, without your permission, to cut your data plan to 1GB and no $8 discount. I struggled to determine if the rep is too naive to think that the customers cannot figure out 1GB does not equal to 2GB.

A contract is fraudulent when, again in attempt to keep you as a customer by offering a free tablet, a contract with a detailed breakdown of 10 itemized monthly charges that sum up to a total of $0 is in reality greater than $0.

A contract is fraudulent when you fail to identify the $$ amount AT&T want to charge you monthly for the free tablet anywhere in the fine prints in the bottom of the contract. When the $$ amount to be charged to you is greater than $0 and is not listed in the contract, it is a fraudulent charge.

David606, you are an AT&T employee. Tell me if this is a common and acceptable practice you do everyday. If you want to keep a customer, try not to cheat your way through the customer.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@liusyilun wrote:

An AT&T rep recently provided me a fraudulent contract to gain sales from me. The written contract from the sale rep was later denied by AT&T, citing this contract, along with other cellular plan discounts offered  by the rep, was incorrectly provided to me.

I'd love to see a copy of what they gave you!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 9.06.52 AM.png

Here is a screenshot of the agreement for the tablet showing the summary of monthly plan charges. If any of these items are not intended to be $0 charge, or there is additional monthly item(s) purposely omitted in the contract to make this plan looks completely free, then it is AT&T rep's way to deceive a customer to gain commission.

I was directed by the AT&T manager I talked to to this forum to get an official resolution from AT&T, as he agreed that the rep, who provided me this agreement and others regarding the discount to be applied to my existing cellular data plan, should be disciplined.  The rep is not under his supervision, so he is not able to take any action except canceling the tablet plan for me and removing all the potential charges associated with this tablet from my account. If no official response from AT&T, I will not spend more time on this forum and will take this straight to other consumer complaint channel.   

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@liusyilun wrote:

Screen shot 2017-05-11 at 9.06.52 AM.png

Here is a screenshot of the agreement for the tablet showing the summary of monthly plan charges. If any of these items are not intended to be $0 charge, or there is additional monthly item(s) purposely omitted in the contract to make this plan looks completely free, then it is AT&T rep's way to deceive a customer to gain commission.

I was directed by the AT&T manager I talked to to this forum to get an official resolution from AT&T, as he agreed that the rep, who provided me this agreement and others regarding the discount to be applied to my existing cellular data plan, should be disciplined.  The rep is not under his supervision, so he is not able to take any action except canceling the tablet plan for me and removing all the potential charges associated with this tablet from my account. If no official response from AT&T, I will not spend more time on this forum and will take this straight to other consumer complaint channel.   

thats and order summary not a contract.  Everything is zero on there so something is messed up....  Dont be surprised if there is a 45 dollar activation fee on your bill either.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

This is part of the "terms and conditions" email I was sent to to review and accept. I originally refused the offer for a free tablet because of all the scam I heard about AT&T's free tablets, but the rep assured me that the tablet would be given to me completely free as a wifi-only tablet without an AT&T data plan attached to it (unless I wish to sign up one later on). That's the explanation I was given for why everything was zero out under the monthly charges in the agreement. I was alerted that something was not right, when I noticed an active 1GB DataConnect plan showed up on my account soon after I accepted the agreement. Yes, obviously they activated a 1GB Dataconnect plan for this tablet against what I was told and agreed on. And yes, I would not be surprised to get a bill of 1GB data plan fee (and others) even if the written agreement said "$0" for all, if the manager has not canceled and completely removed the tablet line from my account within14 days of signing the agreement. Once burned I will never trust them again, and nos I have to monitor my plan 10 times a day to make sure nothing popped back in.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

That is not terms and conditions.  That's is an order summary.  It's for the free tablet, not the service contract, which is mentioned at the top as 24 months.

Where is the other email?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. You are not going to get any investigation started by posting here. Whoever told you to take it to this forum for official resolution was blowing smoke. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

lizdance40:

I don't share the entire email with my personal information to the public, so just you know I am not intending to deceive you. Have you not noticed the word "Agreements" somewhere on the top? Does "Agreements" not mean whatever written underneath the word "Agreements" should be followed and honored if both I and AT&T agree? Why does this what you call "order summary" comes with a "1GB Dataconnect" itemized charge, when this summary has nothing to do with data plan? I already had an AT&T manager who agreed with me that the rep should not have sent me the terms and conditions email with a detailed itemized charges that are false. I have read your replies to many posts defending for the rights of AT&T to deceiving customers. So please stop replying unless you can actually make yourself useful.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Sandblaster:

Thank you. I will take this matter to consumer complaint channels.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.