Helpful Links

Fraudulent Criminal Charges

Contributor

Fraudulent Criminal Charges

We have a $636.44 charge from AT&T, we don't even have an AT&T account.  Need this charge reversed as the bank cannot handle as it was on a stolen debit card number.  Personally I find it weird that someone can spend so much money with AT&T, and not have an account tied to the purchase let alone any verification of the purchase....  Who can resolve this matter?  Fraud department says they're not sure why we called them...

AT&T, you are helping enable criminal activity!

Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Fraudulent Criminal Charges

Will AT&T pursue criminal charges? Why can these items be purchased with a stolen card? Can AT&T just not ship these items to the address requested? Charge back the amount to the Debit card so that the victim does not pay for these goods and the thief does not receive stolen goods? Does this make AT&T a conspirator after the fact?

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Master

Bewildered123 wrote:

We have a $636.44 charge from AT&T, we don't even have an AT&T account.  Need this charge reversed as the bank cannot handle as it was on a stolen debit card number.  Personally I find it weird that someone can spend so much money with AT&T, and not have an account tied to the purchase let alone any verification of the purchase....  Who can resolve this matter?  Fraud department says they're not sure why we called them...

AT&T, you are helping enable criminal activity!

If your debit card number was stolen, you should be working with your bank and law enforcement. AT&T is a fellow victim of this fraud. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

bookworm wrote:

Will AT&T pursue criminal charges? Why can these items be purchased with a stolen card? Can AT&T just not ship these items to the address requested? Charge back the amount to the Debit card so that the victim does not pay for these goods and the thief does not receive stolen goods? Does this make AT&T a conspirator after the fact?

@bookworm

no different than if they walked into walmart and bought a 700 dollar tv with the stolen debit card.  Hate to say it the consumer is on the hook for this.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

You should be dealing with your bank and the police.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support