For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
edr1973's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 2:30 PM

Fraud

How do I get in touch with AT&T corporate. I have a huge issue. this is the 2nd time my account has been hacked. Someone ordered a phone under my account. This is the 3rd time that I have called and I have been on hold for 1.5 hours. This is terrible. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Call ATT and ask for fraud.  Get help locking the account.

Sounds like your general online security has issues.  Account security is on the customer.  If your email isn’t secure, if you get paper bills, if you don’t have password AND passcode/PIN on your login, if you have an easy to guess password and still using your social security for PIN, your an open book to hackers.

One of the best ways in is your email.  If your email doesn’t have 2 step authorization, you left the door open for hackers.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @edr1973

I sent you a private message with some very important information, please check it and reply back if you still need help with your account.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Same here...

Someone ordered an Iphone8plus on my account. Contacted ATT several times yesterday, agents informed me about a "hack". I asked how come hacker bypassed the text confirmation or is there even a confirmation for such an order; the answer is "hacker use advanced network scanning tools that can also reroute text messages"...

I had been told twice that a  high priority escalation was created. I was forwarded to Fraud line,  waited for the Fraud department for 88minutes last night (no luck). Then I was told I would be called back by Fraud department. Today an agent called and gave me the Fraud department phone number (again) ! Called and faced a very long waiting queue..

Finally I called Fedex and asked them to return the shipment (it is on delivery truck today), Fedex has been more responive and helpful, they are returning the package (iphone8plus) back to ATT. 

I am still in the dark about ATT side of it.

PS. I changed my account password and PIN after learning about this incident. No other "hack"s on my account email or any other online accounts

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you. That was a lot more helpful than AT&T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you.  This was helpful.  I had the same thing happened to me.  Just called FedEx to took care of it within 5 minutes.  Tomorrow I will close my AT&T account and buy a Verizon phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am I am having huge issue with them also and I am so disgusted ! I want the corporate office as well . I’ve been going through a similar issue for 6 months and it still hasn’t been resolved . I have been lied on by their representatives I’m sure they have posted negative remarks on my account and they cause me so much stress unnecessarily. I want out ! There seems to be no one whom protects the consumers 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Is there anyway you can contact me via phone so that my issue can be resolved ? I have requested that one of the Managerial representatives have my call pulled and he lied and said he put in an escalation that it would take 7 to 14 days for them to contact me back . I called back 4 days later only to learn nothing was ever done , no escalation was and my problem with ATT just keeps spiraling out of control . I pay all this money and have over several years and I am treated so poorly . I am sick of ATT . It is always some long drawn out complex problem and nothing is being done about my time being inconvenienced consistently . 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I also had to request an order of an iPhoneX made on my account be canceled and returned to AT&T. I've been waiting for the fraud department to return my call and resolve this issue on my account. When will I get some help from your company? I've spoken to multiple people in billing who seem unable to help resolve this issue on my account. 

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Who did you call at FedEx? I have just tried the same thing and was told flat out that they are unable to help me and that only AT&T can cancel the shipment.

I have been on hold now for 2 HOURS with AT&T Fraud. I am beside myself. This is horrible. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

I called FedEx, told that someone stole my identity and ordered an iPhone on my account. FedEx agent told me how sorry she was it happened to me. I gave details from the ATT order email I received

- the FedEx tracking number

-destination address

-my name (my name was on fake destination address)

- my phone number

- shipper name (ATT)

then I received another call from FedEx in two minutes the agent asked my name and if I really wanted to return the shipment I am about to receive ( of course I would not receive since it was on its way to fake address),, I confirmed the return and now when I check it now I see "Returning package to shipper" on FedEx website.

Like it was not enough, I received an email from ATT  saying "Congratulations! Your new phone is on its way. Here's a personalized video to help you get started."  😞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.