For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
edr1973's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 2:30 PM

Fraud

How do I get in touch with AT&T corporate. I have a huge issue. this is the 2nd time my account has been hacked. Someone ordered a phone under my account. This is the 3rd time that I have called and I have been on hold for 1.5 hours. This is terrible. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you!!! I called FedEx and explained the situation, and they said they will return the package to AT&T.

I still have no idea how to report this to AT&T or to "un-order" this expensive new phone that is now on my account! I tried for a total of 8 hours today to get in touch with someone with no success.

So disgusted. I will be switching phone companies as soon as this is sorted out, that's for sure.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The fraud dept opens at 8 am eastern time. I called them at 7:59 and was connected in 10 mins. I had also spent 8 hours on hold before.

Adam

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I also had fraudulent iPhones charged to my account at 4am est time.  I contacted AT&T billing via chat at 6am and waited 2 hours on the phone with AT&T fraud before I spoke to them at 11am.  They told me they cancelled the order but we’re very rude and implied it was an issue on my end.

6:30pm I received another that the phones shipped!  So frustrating!!!  I saw this thread and called Fed ex who admitted they are taking calls similar to mine and put a return to sender on the already shipped package and gave me a reference number to reference.  Fed ex was very responsive and has put me more at ease.

AT&t has some explaining to do or I’m leaving.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

If it was just one or two people affected I might believe that it was the customer’s fault... but it is obviously a LOT of people.

There has clearly been a data breach on their side and they don’t want to admit it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I brought major hacking activity of my accout to their attention over a year ago, the Fraud department did not even look at the account. they asked me the behaviors, I explained in detail and they said nope its not fraud, thank you good buy. I happened to check something on my statement and noticed an overly excessive amount of text and calls.SO I called them because we had not made the calls.  Since they had given me a go ahead over a year ago I trusted them and of course when I called ATT to hold them accountable they only gave me a runaround, the rep wouldn't even let me talk to anyone.  The competence challenged fraud , tech and managers. Only gave the solution of, sending out a new sim card and blocking the numbers. I asked about actually doing something progressive  like tracking these fools down. But again.. the challenged folks could do nothing more than read from a book and answer like  zombies.  GOOD luck, I was told flat out They will not help me and basically there is nothing i can do about it. SO bend over folks cause that's all att has to offer. or any carrier for that matter.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

The fraudulent order on my account in currently on "hold" for more information. I'm reluctant to simply cancel the order myself, because I really want this on the record as fraud. But I feel like I'm gambling and that eventually the order will go through and be charged to my account. This is unbelievably frustrating. I can't cancel the shipment, because I don't have an address or tracking (yet). I don't know what to do!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I've had the same problem.  I'm beginning to wonder if there really is a fraud department--I've been on hold for over an hour 3 different times.  Would there be any point in going to an AT&T store to ask for help?

When this is resolved, I'm leaving AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a password and a pin associated with my account and this still happened to me. I called fraud and was on hold for OVER 2 HOURS before giving up! AT&T is doing nothing about this!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

At&t has a privacy breach of customer information. Someone order iphone x from my account, and after staying on hold for hours for last three days, and still on hold while typing this msg. I am still unable to get hold of anyone from fraud dept.  I went to Fedex store and opened an investigation. I got the name and address of the person. I don't know what else can I do. This is so frustrating. The customer service is horrible.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Read post 3 and message @ATTDmitriyCM.  ATT is very much doing something about it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.