For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
crsfructso's profile

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

Monday, December 11th, 2017 4:40 PM

Fraud Department

Last Thursday, I called 5 different times to report fraud. I was  on hold for a total of 2 hours or more. Friday, I was on hold for about an hour. Today, I have been on hold for over 1 hour and 26 minutes. What is up with that? Why can't we make a fraud report online? This is totally unacceptable!!!  I am disgusted and I cannot wait for my contract to be done so I could apply for an account elsewhere.  First of all, I don't know how the person who ordered 2 iPhones under my name was able to get all my identity including code to place this order. Seems to me like an inside job.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have a regular wireless account with AT&T and have for 15+ years.  I received an email from AT&T yesterday confirming an order for a new phone on my account.  Only problem was that we did not order a new phone.  The phone was being shipped to an address in Oveido, FL.  I live in the Chicago area.

Long story short.  I have been transferred among various customer service related personnel (many of which were helpful but misdirected me terribly), but no one has been able to resolve the problem.  I spent a total of 2 hours on hold last night trying to reach the AT&T fraud department.  Today, I have spent now 3.5 hours on hold trying to reach the fraud department.  I have also tried reaching supervisors in the customer service department this morning; they were supposed to call me back long ago.

UPDATE

After almost 2.5 hours, I reached someone in the fraud department who was able to assist.  They reversed the upgrade and sent a confirmatory letter stating that I would not be responsible for any changes, etc., associated with the order.  Thank you!

The individual confirmed that the upgrade request had been submitted online via myATT, which is alarming.  It is also alarming that an upgraded phone can be shipped to an address that is not associated with the account.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Im having the same exact issue. I’ve been on hold for more than 5 hours total over the last two day. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same issue.  Someone used my online account to order an Ipad Pro and ship it to Philadelphia PA.  I have been to my local store, have been on hold for 4 hours on Saturday, supposedly spoke to fraud on Sunday and I'm back on the phone for another 3 hours now.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

@shartman @antoniog1978

I sent you a private message with some very important information, please check it and reply back if you still need help with your account.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

@crsfructso

I sent you a private message with some very important information, please check it and reply back if you still need help with your account.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Im going through the exact same thing and still havent been able to get a hold of anyone.  Not sure how they would have all my information.  How would they have my passcode, password, email.. etc..

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Going through the same thing.. ive probably been on hold for about 5 hours all together and still counting.  No one answeres.  Ho help getting this resolved.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Going through the same as well last night (12/11/2017) from south California, the fraudulent order placed and ship to FL... 
I've tried to cancel the order online, and it showed the order was canceled, but then ATT still sent me notification the shipping was out... 

Fraud protection team's number is not answering, they kept transferring me, and put me on hold for more than 4 hours now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same here, a fraudulent order was placed and shipped to NY. I've been on hold for almost 3 hours so far and haven't gotten through yet. There is nowhere online to cancel the order. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.