Need help understanding your bill?
YNCIII's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 25th, 2019 7:30 PM

First Responders Discount

How do you know where you are in queue with the discount? I have been waiting 60 days for it to be applied, but I'm not even sure it was received. How does one check on things like that? It doesn't feel like many people in the customer service dept know.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the clarification.  I have not changed my SIM card so the customer service representative must have either misspoke or been mistaken.  The odd thing is that one of them wanted me to call FirstNet directly to try and solve the problem?  Not knowing how FirstNet fit into the plan I refused to do so.  I guess it is possible the customer service representatives may be having trouble differentiating between the first responder discount and FirstNet. 

I actually started the process of changing plans at an AT&T company store by inquiring about a change in plan that would better suit my multi phone data needs.  They sent me home with some paperwork to complete and mail back to AT&T.  I found out I could do the same online at the links provided in my earlier post so that was the process I initiated instead of the mail in forms.  If the discount does not appear the next billing cycle I guess I will have to make another trek to the store. 

I would still like some insight on why it takes two to three billing cycles once a discount has been approved for it to show up on a customer's bill.

Thanks again.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just a status update:

Visited the AT&T company store nearest me at lunch yesterday.  The manager assisted the assigned customer service representative in correcting the issue that had prevented the first responder discount from applying on my account.  The older FAN had to be removed before the new one could be entered.  The manager did try to get me to change over to Firstnet but I declined since I did not want to confuse the issue anymore (one thing at a time with AT&T).  I checked this morning and the first responder discount FAN is now showing on my account.  Interestingly, it will still take two to three more billing cycles before the discount goes into effect.  I still do not understand the delay.    

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@ownerx wrote:

Just a status update:

Visited the AT&T company store nearest me at lunch yesterday.  The manager assisted the assigned customer service representative in correcting the issue that had prevented the first responder discount from applying on my account.  The older FAN had to be removed before the new one could be entered.  The manager did try to get me to change over to Firstnet but I declined since I did not want to confuse the issue anymore (one thing at a time with AT&T).  I checked this morning and the first responder discount FAN is now showing on my account.  Interestingly, it will still take two to three more billing cycles before the discount goes into effect.  I still do not understand the delay.    

Can’t say I understand either, but the discount is suppose to be credited retroactively, which is not done for other discounts.    Thanks for the update.  Love the company stores!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.