Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Final bill from previous carrier

Tutor

Final bill from previous carrier

I switched phone carriers just over two months ago , I went with AT&T . They had a offer that they paid your final bill to switch, well I got a final bill a month later that was $30 . I was blown away because it should of been 350 or so . So I did not look into to it and time went by and I forgot to pay it and it came in the mail a few weeks later and it was what it should of been .So I just paid it and was wondering if at&t would still cover it ?
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Jimernst
‎03-16-2017 8:10 PM

Re: Final bill from previous carrier

@Jimernst Did you start to participate and trade in your phones to AT&T?

That would have been required to participate in the "switcher" offer.  http://att.com/switch

If you did and followed the other steps, then yes you can turn in the $350 bill for the parts of the bill related to canceling.

(If your carrier was Sprint, it gets a little goofier, since AT&T only covers one type a cancelation and they sometimes charge two) 

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Yea that's true I did not follow the proper steps , On that note I should talk to an agent online . It's my fault I did not get on top of things way earlier.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@Jimernst wrote:
Yea that's true I did not follow the proper steps , On that note I should talk to an agent online . It's my fault I did not get on top of things way earlier.

It really matters what's in the offer terms. I don't see a timeline for turning in the phones, but it's probably related to some next trade in timeline (I'd have to guess you're past it).

Do you even still have the phones?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support