Need help understanding your bill?
Jimernst's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, March 17th, 2017 2:53 AM

Final bill from previous carrier

I switched phone carriers just over two months ago , I went with AT&T . They had a offer that they paid your final bill to switch, well I got a final bill a month later that was $30 . I was blown away because it should of been 350 or so . So I did not look into to it and time went by and I forgot to pay it and it came in the mail a few weeks later and it was what it should of been .So I just paid it and was wondering if at&t would still cover it ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jimernst Did you start to participate and trade in your phones to AT&T?

That would have been required to participate in the "switcher" offer.  http://att.com/switch

If you did and followed the other steps, then yes you can turn in the $350 bill for the parts of the bill related to canceling.

(If your carrier was Sprint, it gets a little goofier, since AT&T only covers one type a cancelation and they sometimes charge two) 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yea that's true I did not follow the proper steps , On that note I should talk to an agent online . It's my fault I did not get on top of things way earlier.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jimernst wrote:
Yea that's true I did not follow the proper steps , On that note I should talk to an agent online . It's my fault I did not get on top of things way earlier.

It really matters what's in the offer terms. I don't see a timeline for turning in the phones, but it's probably related to some next trade in timeline (I'd have to guess you're past it).

Do you even still have the phones?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.