Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Final Verizon bill paid when moving wireless phone service from Verizon to ATT&T

Highlighted
Contributor

Final Verizon bill paid when moving wireless phone service from Verizon to ATT&T

Post-paid.....Unlimited data/text.....USA

I moved my wireless phone service from Verizon to ATT&T on December 28, 2017 and was told ATT&T will pay my final Verizon bill as a reward for moving to ATT&T. I received my final Verizon bill via snail mail dated January 22, 2018. Will ATT&T pay this final bill? If so, what is the process? Thanks, Michael

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎01-30-2018 5:43 PM

Re: Final Verizon bill paid when moving wireless phone service from Verizon to ATT&T

Sort of, that’s not the offer.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

Submit the final bill for the remainder of your installments.  Your trade in credits a deducted from the final credit.  The total will not exceed what you owed on your phones.

service and taxes is not reimbursed 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

Re: Final Verizon bill paid when moving wireless phone service from Verizon to ATT&T

My phones were paid off and unlocked so there were no installments just a month of service.

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Master

@mj22590 wrote:

My phones were paid off and unlocked so there were no installments just a month of service.

Only remaining installments or termination fees are reimburses. You are owed nothing more. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Contributor

The associate said ATT&T will pay off up to $650 (phone or service fees) to switch to ATT&T. I didn't have a final service bill at the time I switched from Verizon to ATT&T. Now I do have a final service fee bill.

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Sage

@mj22590 wrote:

Then no, as I wrote, service and tax are not reimbursed.   Only the phones are bought out 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 9
ACE - Sage

@mj22590   Read the link.  The do not pay for service.  If your phones were paid off, and you kept them, you are not eligible for anything back.  The offer is to help people break even, it is NOT a money making offer.  

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

I have to pay my veizon bill and I want to see how do I do this

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

@jade123 ATT does not pay your Verizon bill, you must pay it. If you qualify for the switch offer, ATT will reimburse you after you submit your final bill. Read post #2.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support