Need help understanding your bill?
singhisking's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 4:01 PM

Fee for early termination

I have FamilyTalk Nation 1400 with 4 lines including primary under 2 year agreement. I almost complete 15 months. I was wondering that if I cancel my agreement now, how much it will cost me.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@singhisking wrote:

I have FamilyTalk Nation 1400 with 4 lines including primary under 2 year agreement. I almost complete 15 months. I was wondering that if I cancel my agreement now, how much it will cost me.

depends on the phones, each line in the family talk plan has a different etf depend on when they where added. Unless you got all 4 phones at the same time, they could have different contract end dates

Smart phones

$325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service

so

325.00 - 15 * 10.00 = 175.00

Standard phones

$150 minus $4 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete

150.00 - 15 * 4 = 90.00

this is for each individual line

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

An overview of Early Termination Fees

@singhisking @wingrider is correct. You can view the details here. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

There is not a fee for changing your plan. However, there are some impacts to your bill depending on when in your billing cycles the changes are made. Check out the following: 

How rate plan changes affect your bill

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

thanks... I have one more question - Is there any extra charge for downgrading my plan from 1400 to 700 FamilyTalkNation. And also, Will this effect my contract?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is crap. I had a messaging phone and canceled it a few months early and they charged me for cancelling a smart phone and said it was because it was a more expensive phone. So beware, if you have an "expensive" phone they'll charge you for a smart phone instead of a regular phone. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi!

I came here in the USA to work from abroad but I have unfortunately lost my job and have to return home, abroad.

Do I have to pay early termination fees? I have an iphone4 on a two years plan.
I thought you did have to pay those fees if moving to an area, which is not covered by ATT.

I am currently unemployed and counting every pennies and there is nothing I could have anticipated...I am wiling to return my phone, which I don't really need.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Edit: "I thought that you did not have to pay those fee"

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

You have to pay the ETF if you move out of the service area now.  Some carriers used to waive the ETF in this case, but that ended a while ago for various reasons (fraud prevention was one of them).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.