Family Plan - Transfer Service

Highlighted
Contributor

Family Plan - Transfer Service

[ Edited ]

I am sure this has been asked many times, but I was hoping for a more clear answer.

On a family plan for 2, account is 20 years old in my ex-husbands name.

If he splits my # off of his account how does this impact my account?

- Do I restart my contract?

- Do I lose my grandfathered data?

How would this affect him?

- Would it restart his contract?

- Would he lose his grandfathered data?

Is there a better approach to going separate ways on the wireless account (other than splitting the bill)? (that has not been working well)

Thank you for any insight provided.

Message 1 of 3 (2,798 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by beckyww (Administrator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Family Plan - Transfer Service

[ Edited ]

Contract does not change, however since the plan is in his name, when you leave, you will lose plans that are no longer offered and have to sign up with current plan calling and data plans.
Since he is not leaving the account, just removing your line, his data plan he can keep, he will need to change to a current calling plan since he is no longer on a family plan.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (2,790 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by beckyww (Administrator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Family Plan - Transfer Service

[ Edited ]

In addition, you might be required to place a deposit depending on how your credit is in your name

Message 3 of 3 (2,772 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.