09-15-2011 7:29 PM
When I added a phone and changed to a Family Plan, I expected the new phone to show the name of my spouse.
I've looked high and low for a way to change this, and cannot find out how to do it. Any calls the spouse makes, it
always shows my name as the caller. And, ATT shows only my name as owner of the account.
I want to let this one phone show spouse's name. I want my phone to remain as it is, showing my name to folks I call.
How can I make this happen?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-15-2011 7:36 PM
09-15-2011 8:22 PM
BabaGo...what kfederer said is correct. I had to do this myself to get a name changed on our 3rd line. It won't change immediately, in case you're wondering...it may take a day before it will come up on a caller id.
~ REGRET NOTHING~
~ we live & learn~
09-15-2011 9:36 PM
I just read it and then opened another window to make my changes.
It was done in a short time, with more time being spent looking for the entry to my PROFILE.
After that, it was easy.
Thank you so much. Callers will now know who is on the other end.
09-15-2011 9:39 PM
09-16-2011 2:54 PM
Glad to hear you were able to get the name changed & thanks for coming back to let us know the advice you got worked.
Welcome to the forums, I hope to see you around the boards!
01-03-2016 1:17 AM
Since the information in this posting for the asnwer is very old and no longer correct (as of Jan 1, 2016). The current correct steps to change the name, email and mailing address for each user on the family plan is:
1. Log in to your AT&T account.
2. Mouse over the "myAT&T" tab (between "shop" and "Support"). DON'T click
3. Move mouse down to "Profile" on second level menu that gets displayed. DON'T click
4. Move mouse down to "Update My Profile". Now you can click on that.
5. You should see three tabs below "My Profile" page title, by default you should have come in on the "Account Information" tab. Make sure you are on your mobile phone account. There is an orange "Select" button to change if it is on your Uverse or some other account. Pick your mobile phone account. Once on correct account continue.
6. Click "User Information" tab
7. Should bring you to one of your family plan phone numbers. Scroll down the screen and make sure the "Primary User" name and email are correct and below that the "Place of primary use" is correct. If you need to make changes there is a separate "edit" button for each section. (Pain in the... right?). You can also add a picture and assign what kind of phone they have on this screen as well. Once/if you edit any of the info it does not bring you back to this screen, either back button a couple times until you get here or start back at #2 above.
8. Once back to the "User Information" tab, you can select (Orange button dropdown) another phone number on the family plan and go through the same gyrations to make sure that info is right.
9. Repeat the cycle until all numbers on the account have the correct info.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!