For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
pxsubra's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, April 20th, 2017 4:31 AM

False information from ATT sales rep, wrong commitments to pull customers - Pathetic customerservice

17th Apr 2017, I spoke to ATT sales person (JEN) and she confirmed over phone that the iPhone device cost is made free since I wanted to add additional line from another service provider to ATT. I asked her thrice to confirm that the device cost is free. She confirmed and hence I went ahead with the order. I cancelled my connection with another service provider.

Device arrived today (17th Apr 2017), and I call for activation, the Customer rep says "we apologize for the wrong information shared with you, pls return the device back to us to avoid any further charges"... Very much frustrating. I have ordered case, screenprotector from Amazon already but this happens now. Why cant you listen to the recording where the sales rep promises me that the device cost is free? There is no way for me to prove what she said unless I have an email.

Pathetic, I think I made a wrong decision to choose ATT. ATT sales reps should STOP scamming people just to get them a new connection.

I called back ATT and spent atleast 2 hours talking to 4 customer care reps, they say "we cant hear you, give me your number and we can contact you." Its been 3 hours since I got off the call and no call back from ATT. Post acquisition, there is no true attention for customers, why should we still stick to ATT 😞

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I called the ATT customer care person again and he confirms that "Terms and conditions" was not accepted by me but still let the order to be shipped. What a way to fool people!!!

I was told that iPhone SE is $5 a month for 30 months and that was told over the phone but the email turns out to be different. the gentle lady disconnects the call. Lucky me, I was able to cancel the order the same moment. ATT sales reps should let the customers know the full information and not just persuade to place the order and escape from other hassles.

Lots of bad experiences recently with ATT wireless. Loyalty team confirms they will take action to resolve but who has got the problem now??? customer ultimately 😞

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I had opened a case with AT&T on 26th March 2017 (case number is***).

ATT is supposed to credit back money to my account for incorrectly charging but now when I call ATT to ask the status, they say that the case was closed.

I ask them why they closed it, she says "I don't know, I wasn't there when the case was opened".

Kudos, good work

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

The only iPhone offer is a BOGO offer:  $650 in credits off an iPhone 7 when you buy an iPhone 7. 

The second/"free" phone must be a new line to ATT.  Which excludes port in from carriers that are already Att, like Cricket, H2O, tracfone, and a dozen others.  

The iphone SE is not offered on sale.   Not as a BOGO.  Not any kind of sale.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

but why is the ATT sales rep giving the assurance that iPhone 7 plus device is free?

Her name is Jen is all i got. i dont have a way to prove what she said. ATT records the calls for quality purposes correct? so why not hear what was discussed during the call?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Its April 29, and the case number "CM20170420_124010934" is still not resolved. ATT closes case numbers themselves without contacting customers?

ATT owes me the credit of the device cost since September 2016. Instead of actioning on this, the ticket gets closed???

why isnt there a response from ATT management on this?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

This is a community forum, not a way to reach support.  

You are giving scant information on multiple promotions.  There is no way to provide an answer with out a full time line and knowing what promotion you were trying to use.

One is apparently a Bogo.  

The other may be the Direct TV promotion when you have Direct TV and port a line from a competing carrier.  

So far, no indication that you knew the requirements or followed them.  

For the record, the iPhone SE has never been under any promotion of any kind.  Not Bogo, not free, nada, nothing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.