For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Albatross's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 8th, 2017 9:03 AM

False advertising on single unlimited data plan

On At&t's webpage it states that a customer can add a tablet for $20 on a single unlimited data plan for $90 after the autopay discount.

But when it comes to adding the tablet for $20, the customer is forced to switch to the multi line for $145 after the auto pay discounts and only after that the customer can add the tablet for $20

Now, At&t is advertising falsely that a customer can add a tablet to the single line for $20 which in reality does not exist.It only can happen if the customer pays a multi line unlimited plan but then it's only a tablet. Where is the phone number or how can people text you while you are paying for a whole phone line when you are forced to switch to the multi line in order to add the $20 tablet ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

This has been resolved.   Whoever is setting up the account doesn't know what they're doing.  Ask them to read the quick facts.   https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html#legal

IMG_5845.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I have the $20 tablet unlimited with my single line unlimited plus plan. You have to go to the store or call them for it. It is not available online is all.  Hope this helps.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jumpinjetta   Thanks for chiming in!   This problem was pointed out a good month after the new plan came out.  Originally there was no single line plan with non phones.  

I bet ATT doesn't realize it can't be chosen online.  Thanks for the heads up, I'll pass it on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.