Need help understanding your bill?
FedUp1987's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 3:29 PM

FRAUD ON ACCOUNT- ATT NON-RESPONSIVE

Someone purchased an iphone on my account yesterday and I called customer service Approximately 30 minutes after the purchase. I was put on hold with fraud dept for over 2 hours. Then a representative tried to get me off the phone by telling me i could deal with my problem in-store. I told her that i would like to continue to wait. Turned out that customer servixe and the fraud dept both closed at 9pm est so she just left me on hold indefinitely. So TODAY I went to an ATT at 9am when they opened like the representative suggested only for them to call the fraud dept and now I've been on hold for a total of almost 4 hours. Meanwhile, the iphone has shipped to the criminals on my credit. This customer service is awful!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My service was gone on the phone it said all i could do was call emergency # Called customer service and they told me to contact fraud. Someone got into my act. charged two i phone the first time and one phone the second time . The third time got a mes from AT&T that someone was trying to get on the act from the caribbean Fraud suspended the service and told use to go to store to resolve Is where we are at now very hard to get a hold of the fraud people, wait time is unreal. Go luck 

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

Phone Pirates of the Caribbean are not fun to deal with. They are at least as bad as ATT customer support. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Do you think it is right to have to wait on the line for hours to speak to the fraud department AT&T service is terrible we have been dealing with this for 10 days now and still not got to resolved all because we cannot talk to the fraud department

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

Oh I agree that it's totally wrong. They need to hire more customer service agents.  I'm sure they are focused more on holiday sales right now.  Any other time of the year, it would have been easy to get through without the wait.  Try to hang in there. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The sales dept is separate from the fraud dept. I think the customer service has been appalling from the fraud dept because they had a website-wide hack that they do not have the staff to handle. It would also explain why the fraud dept doesn't really ask any questions when you contact them...because they already know. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Having the same issue with them currently - someone bought an iPhone against my account and I started to see a monthly charge on my account for double what I was typically paying and so I contacted customer service - they forwarded me to fraud, and I kid you not it sounded like someone picked up and dropped the call - I tried to call again and got a message that the office was closed (on a Wednesday?) then I tried to call a third time and got an automated voice message that brought me back to customer service. Then when customer service picked up - this time it was another woman who picked up and was also attempting to forward me to Fraud (again) They had me running in circles. So it got to a point where I just cancelled my account. THEY STILL CHARGED ME FOR IT ANYWAY! So now I am emailing their customer service team to see if they can debit me back for the amount. If they're not crooks hopefully they debit me back for it

I told my dad about the situation and he said that what I will need to do now going forward it report this issue to consumer reports because they are obviously not safeguarding their customers information. This should warn any potential clients going forward.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@genkdiaz1

Canceling service was a mistake, why didn’t you come here?  

You should have filed a BBB or FCC complaint 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@genkdiaz1 wrote:

Having the same issue with them currently - someone bought an iPhone against my account and I started to see a monthly charge on my account for double what I was typically paying and so I contacted customer service - they forwarded me to fraud, and I kid you not it sounded like someone picked up and dropped the call - I tried to call again and got a message that the office was closed (on a Wednesday?) then I tried to call a third time and got an automated voice message that brought me back to customer service. Then when customer service picked up - this time it was another woman who picked up and was also attempting to forward me to Fraud (again) They had me running in circles. So it got to a point where I just cancelled my account. THEY STILL CHARGED ME FOR IT ANYWAY! So now I am emailing their customer service team to see if they can debit me back for the amount. If they're not crooks hopefully they debit me back for it

I told my dad about the situation and he said that what I will need to do now going forward it report this issue to consumer reports because they are obviously not safeguarding their customers information. This should warn any potential clients going forward.

Cancelling your account was never going to solve anything. If anyone can help now, it will by @ATTDmitriyCM. Hopefully, he'll send you a private message to get some more details from you. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @genkdiaz1

I sent you a private message with a request for some additional information. We'll be happy to help with whatever we can.

Thank you @MicCheck

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.