Need help understanding your bill?
iAddict2013's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, April 28th, 2013 4:04 PM

Emergency Alerts

I noticed Verizon & T-Mobile gets emergency alerts. Even on the iPhone, how come AT&T doesn't do this?? It'd be a great addition considering how much of a premium we pay for our smartphones.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

You can get emergency alerts through weather apps. I use WeatherBug on my smartphone and it provides me with whatever weather alerts that I need. Not sure why ATT doesn't provide them.

right now they do support a few phones

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB410692&cv=820,%20or%20Commercial%20Mobile%20Alert%20System%20(CMAS)#fbid=-mqVVUG1OBV

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

You can get emergency alerts through weather apps. I use WeatherBug on my smartphone and it provides me with whatever weather alerts that I need. Not sure why ATT doesn't provide them.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Interesting...thanks for that, wingrider...but why only are a few supported?? Mine isn't. 😞

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

Interesting...thanks for that, wingrider...but why only are a few supported?? Mine isn't. 😞

Not sue, suspect it has to do with OS programming changes needed and maybe special hardware, have not looked into the frequency that the alert uses - suspect it is not a normal frequency since it goes to multiple type of devices.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.