Emergency Alerts

Emergency Alerts

I noticed Verizon & T-Mobile gets emergency alerts. Even on the iPhone, how come AT&T doesn't do this?? It'd be a great addition considering how much of a premium we pay for our smartphones.

Message 1 of 5 (1,375 Views)
Expert

Re: Emergency Alerts

You can get emergency alerts through weather apps. I use WeatherBug on my smartphone and it provides me with whatever weather alerts that I need. Not sure why ATT doesn't provide them.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 5 (1,352 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDelia (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Dcookie wrote:

You can get emergency alerts through weather apps. I use WeatherBug on my smartphone and it provides me with whatever weather alerts that I need. Not sure why ATT doesn't provide them.

right now they do support a few phones

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB410692&cv=820,%20or%20Commercial%20Mobile%20Alert%20Sy...

Message 3 of 5 (1,324 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Interesting...thanks for that, wingrider...but why only are a few supported?? Mine isn't. Smiley Sad

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 5 (1,321 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Dcookie wrote:

Interesting...thanks for that, wingrider...but why only are a few supported?? Mine isn't. Smiley Sad

Not sue, suspect it has to do with OS programming changes needed and maybe special hardware, have not looked into the frequency that the alert uses - suspect it is not a normal frequency since it goes to multiple type of devices.

Message 5 of 5 (1,276 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.