For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jbam1111's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 25th, 2016 2:06 AM

Email - real or scam

Received email purportedly from AT&T Online Services stating I had changed online password for one of a number of potential AT&T services. Instructed to call 1.877.273.2728 if concerned; however, I'm understandably skeptical. Could this be related to Yahoo email change? Is that a valid AT&T phone number?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Hello @jbam1111, and welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!

All AT&T Services' passwords can be managed via myAT&T app.

1) Reset your Security Passcode: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/dsl-high-speed/KM1051079

2) Reset your Login Password:
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1051079

3) Reset your AT&T Email Password:
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/email-support/KM1009464

No need to call. We designed it with you in mind!

That way you get to take control over your myAT&T account!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I received an e-mail which I think is suspect.   I have not had an account with AT&T in at least 2 years; however, received the following message.  Is this a valid AT&T number? 

AT&T Access ID account update
Dear Valued Customer,

The following account has been removed:

AT&T account ending in: **** 

If you canceled this service within the last 6 months, we removed this account from your AT&T Access ID automatically.

Your privacy is important to us. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact our Digital Assistance Center at 1.877.273.2728.

Thank you,

AT&T

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@concerned2016 wrote:

I received an e-mail which I think is suspect.   I have not had an account with AT&T in at least 2 years; however, received the following message.  Is this a valid AT&T number? 

AT&T Access ID account update
Dear Valued Customer,

The following account has been removed:

AT&T account ending in: **** 

If you canceled this service within the last 6 months, we removed this account from your AT&T Access ID automatically.

Your privacy is important to us. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact our Digital Assistance Center at 1.877.273.2728.

Thank you,

AT&T

I'm not sure about the phone number; several websites show it as a phishing scam, but an official AT&T employee (i.e. getting paid to post) confirm in another post it was legit. 

Either way, if you don't have an account with AT&T, I wouldn't worry about it. Whether or not they've removed your online access shouldn't matter, so there's no reason for you to respond. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.