Need help understanding your bill?
romad's profile

Scholar

• 

408 Messages

Tuesday, March 29th, 2016 8:08 PM

Email address to report phishing email

I received an email that purports to come from AT&T referring to my account that ends with the numbers "XXXX".  Since my combined billing account does not end with those numbers, I know it is a phishing email and would like to report it to AT&T. However I can't find the email address to use under the Contact Us link. Anyone know what it is?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Forward the email to "abuse@att.net"

Scholar

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

By the time I am Comfoirming the code changes that is thereason Icnot comtirm your numbber

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I keep getting email alerts that my automatic payments are not going in and they have very old payment information on it.  When I go to my account I see that all my information has been updated.  Are these emails considered phishing?   My correct information is in the account. 

Your AT&T scheduled payment failed
Hello,

Unfortunately, a problem occurred while processing the following scheduled payment:

Service Type: AT&T Account: Payment Method: Account Number: Payment Date: Amount:
Wireless
Visa
03/25/2017
$81.04

To avoid possible late fees or interruption of service, please log in to make another online payment.

We value your business and look forward to serving you.

For further assistance, please visit us at att.com/contactus.

Thank you for choosing us,

AT&T
Go Paperless
Enjoy more freedom, security, and control with paperless billing.
Set up AutoPay
Save time with safe, secure, and worry-free AutoPay.
Special Offers
Visit our Special Offers to check out our best promotions.

Scholar

• 

408 Messages

7 years ago

Gnet2325, you didn't include the email headers so I can't say if that particular email is legit or not. You can check these type of emails by checking the from & reply-to headers. If the domain AFTER the @ symbol doesn't contain "att.com" then it is almost certainly a bogus email. HOWEVER, it is best to NEVER click a link in any email that you are not 1,000% positive is from the purported sender; instead open a new tab/window in your browser and manually type in the main domain address. For AT&T, it is https://www.att.com.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you very much! That helps.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.