Need help understanding your bill?
sirzekeman's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 11:20 PM

Closed

Email address for AT&T Customer Service/Satisfaction

I have been a customer with AT&T for almost 20yrs now and would SIMPLY like an email contact address for Customer Service/Satisfaction where I am able to send an email detailing an issue, receive a confirmation of receipt & hopefully, in a reasonable amount of time, a response.

I have been UNABLE to accomplish this SIMPLE TASK for weeks now - I do NOT wish to utilize the "Live Chat" feature BUT I have attempted to obtain the email contact point via this method and have failed miserably !!

A few attempts ended in my being given email addresses which resulted in IMMEDIATE "Fatal Error" returned email, others I assume went into The Matrix and remained there never to be heard of again as they were neither returned as Fatalities nor acknowledged/answered after weeks of waiting .......

Needless to say I am both frustrated and angered by the manner in which AT&T has conducted itself as a company - someone must be accountable so if there is anyone who reads this and is able to assist me in any way please. 

I will be most appreciative & grateful, ThankU in Advance, JoeM 😞 Man Sad

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@BoxTop wrote:

Utter HOGWASH !

When you PM, there is no customer support user.

You end up in a circle. This is the most non-helpful, non-useful answer so far.

The PM system is now a one way street.  If you need help file a BBB or FCC complaint and someone from ATT who can do something will contact you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issues here!! They ask for your “best number to reach you at if by chance we are disconnected” then after 1.5hr on CHAT and finally getting a solution we are disconnected and yet no one calls me back!!!! There was no attempt to contact me period!! I initiated another chat session only to have to start completely over!! I now keep getting an email stating I’m passed due but it was paid a week ago. Finally got to speak to someone “overseas” nonetheless and am told I have a zero balance and payment was received. Yet I continue to get the “you’re past due” emails up to three times a day. Super frustrating!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am writing to complain to you about the atrocious customer service that I have received from your company. Frankly, it should be an embarrassment to you. In fact, every time that you have come to my house for service there has been a problem.

It started with installation. That particular event resolved relatively, satisfactorily. However, there was a huge miscommunication between sales and installation. Although we had instructed the sales associate that we had just purchased a new house and that we were unsure if cable was present, and in fact felt that was unlikely, the install tech had been informed that everything was wired and it would be a simple job. In reality, he had to string wire all the way to our house from an electrical pole three houses down. Our house had no cable connection of any kind, so he then had to string cable throughout. It ended up taking the entire day instead of the two hours projected. Nonetheless, the tech was professional. He showed up on time, and he kept us apprised of the work as it progressed. He also was relentless in finishing the work for us.

Fast forward to November 20th, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. My husband arrived home from work at about 4 PM to find about 6 AEP (power company) trucks and 2 ATT trucks outside our house. Apparently, the pole in our backyard was damaged and required immediate replacement. The power company determined that the poly was owned by ATT, and your guys replaced the pole. They then left. AEP meanwhile continued working until power was restored, around 8 PM, at which time we discovered that we had no cable or internet service. The ATT crew that worked on the pole left no contact information of any kind, and did not follow up with us to make sure that we had service.

This resulted in calls to your service center to arrange for repair. Because of the nature of the incident (service disconnected from pole), I was aware that standard measures (rebooting the router) were unlikely to resolve the problem. Yet, I was subjected to a maze of prompts before I could ever reach a live individual to help me solve my problem. Thus, by the time I actually got to the customer service line, I was already infuriated. It would seem that this is counter to the goal of customer service, which should be efficient. For example, I had to re-enter my information several times to locate my account, and yet, when arriving at customer service I was asked yet again for the same information. So what was the point of entering it on the robotic system? The person I spoke with was able to schedule an appointment for Thanksgiving day, which was completely unacceptable given that the outage was caused by an ATT crew in the first place, and that that crew never bothered to ensure that we had service after the incident. If we had not seen the trucks, we would have had no idea why we were out of service.

The tech that I spoke with was unable to reach anyone in the US to attempt to move our service to Wednesday as it was late Tuesday night by the time this occurred. She was however very persistent and did return her calls as promised in a timely manner. I called the service center again the next morning, around 8 AM, and a crew was able to be sent out that day, Wednesday, one day earlier than originally scheduled. In this case, I spoke to someone at an Atlanta service center, which was much more helpful than the call center, obviously in India, that I had spoken with earlier. Although the India call center professes compassion and sympathy with my concerns, they seem completely powerless to do anything other than offer me sympathy and offer to call me back in 30 minutes to an hour to tell me that they are sorry and cannot do anything because they are completely unable to communicate with whoever in the US they need to talk to. So honestly, what is the point? Nonetheless, that incident was resolved when the tech come out the next day and reattached the wire to our house. It took several hours (maybe 4?), but service was restored in time for Thanksgiving.

The latest incident began on Friday afternoon (12/14) when I came home from work early to find unmarked trucks outside my house removing the damaged pole from the Thanksgiving incident. I asked the crew what they were doing and they indicated pole removal and that they would finish the job shortly. If I had not seen the crew, I would not have known what happened. Even though they had to access my property to reach the pole, yet again, they left no information indicating that they had been there or who to contact if problems arose. I went out again and returned about an hour later to discover no cable or internet again. We contacted ATT, who indicated that a tech could come out on Saturday (12/15) to do the repair between 4-6PM.

We felt fortunate on Saturday when the tech asked if he could come earlier, as we were eager to have our service restored. He arrived around 3 PM, but it was rainy and already getting dark. He worked as hard as he could, discovering that our line was yet again cut (thank you ATT crews for your excellent (cough) work!) and he had to restring from three houses down yet again. Unfortunately, because of the rain and darkness he was unable to complete the job. Now, here is where your service really goes over the line. He indicated that someone would be out the next day to complete the job at 10 AM. We understood that it was dark, although we would have offered him a flashlight and gone up the ladder to help him if we knew what was coming next.

We left for the evening and received a text around 8 PM that our ATT service crew would be arriving Monday! Between 4-6 PM, a full day and a half after what the tech had just told us. Call to your call center have been completely fruitless. Your customer service individuals keep telling us that they are completely powerless, that they need to talk to other individuals, and they would “call us back in…(it varies between 30 min to 4 hours).” So, I am left to conclude that the tech in question must have lied to us about a service appointment the next day? Also, despite this horrible treatment, the only thing I could get out of customer service was: “I don’t have the power to change that” and “I have spoken with dispatch and they are really busy and there are no opengins.” To me, that sounds like your business is not important to us. Usually, when someone starts a job, they finish it. I don’t understand why a new job would be prioritized over one that was not completed the day before. I don’t understand why it takes 2 hours to get a call back from dispatch. I don’t understand why your tech lied to us, and I don’t understand why it is so challenging, usually eating up several hours of my day, to get a real individual with real power to solve my problems on the phone.

Now you may ask why haven’t you just canceled, and don’t think I’m not at that point. The truth is I really enjoy your cable user interface. At this point, though I am not sure that those benefits outweigh the tremendous difficulties I have had with your service department. Frankly, it is completely unacceptable. What I would like from you at this point, is an indication that you have actually read this letter, and some description of changes you plan to make to ensure that other customers do not suffer what we have suffered.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I, like you, have been a customer for so many years I lost count. However, this runaround with chat screens and constantly being pushed the next person and nobody, absolutely nobody, being able to fix my service has assured me that it must be time to find a new cell  company; seems like ATT has forgotten how important customer service is. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I fully understand your frustration. They are and will be harassing me
until the end of time. Not helping me, just harrassing. Somehow they think
it's okay to charge me over $1,000 for a single line. I'm not paying it.
There is zero customer service. Everytime I've tried to get help the
problem got worse so I just don't call anymore and went with a different
carrier.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@SpunkyW wrote:
I fully understand your frustration. They are and will be harassing me
until the end of time. Not helping me, just harrassing. Somehow they think
it's okay to charge me over $1,000 for a single line. I'm not paying it.
There is zero customer service. Everytime I've tried to get help the
problem got worse so I just don't call anymore and went with a different
carrier.

For a line, or for a phone.    Line access charges are $10 to $40.   But if you owe for a phone on a line, you must pay it, you agreed to pay it.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Correction, I agreed to pay $80.00 for ONE phone line. I did not agree to
pay $1,000 for ONE line. I have tried numerous times to get this corrected
over the phone but your call receivers are clueless. Each one has a a
different answer and messed the account up worse than it was at the start.
The account was never set up correctly to begin with. I was never billed
correctly but have paid more than what I owed twice, assuming your company
would get it's act together eventually.
However once you began billing me 1K for a month I figure you can get your
act together on your own time.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Years ago Sprint's customer service was do bad I paid about 600 to get out of the contract.  I'm about to do the scene again.  It seems ATT has forgotten that the key to good customer service is giving the person the power to fix the problem.  Ya know,  when I called about this problem for the 7 time the i@?× at customer service actually tried to up sell me.  Can you believe that? All they care about is taking your money.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@SpunkyW wrote:
Correction, I agreed to pay $80.00 for ONE phone line. I did not agree to
pay $1,000 for ONE line. I have tried numerous times to get this corrected
over the phone but your call receivers are clueless. Each one has a a
different answer and messed the account up worse than it was at the start.
The account was never set up correctly to begin with. I was never billed
correctly but have paid more than what I owed twice, assuming your company
would get it's act together eventually.
However once you began billing me 1K for a month I figure you can get your
act together on your own time.

Again, do not confuse service with equipment.  Att doesn’t have a plan that costs $1,000 for a single line of service.

Both they have several phones that cost that or more.  

So either you are confused about your bill, or your bill includes a phone, full balance.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I agree , not only does their internet not work most the time  but trying to get any support to resolve any issues is a huge waste of time , I called customer service , after going through the ridiculous automated part and finally getting to a live person they wasted about 30 to 40 minutes of my time with making me wait while supposedly running tests ,...isn't it their job to fix their problems and not only am i paying for a service I am not getting but they want to waste my time resolving this , after the 30 to 40 minutes they finally decided to send a technician out ,....5 days from my phone call and I am supposed to wait for them to show up between 1 and 4 .....they have no consideration for their customers or the time they waste of ours ,...I can't stand their company, am cancelling all services I have with them , will never use them again and urge anyone I can to do the same ,...they are beyond terrible , they are totally disgusting . 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.