Helpful Links

Eligible for upgrade?

Contributor

Eligible for upgrade?

I've been an AT&T customer for years. I've noticed for a while that I'm eligible for an upgrade, but it seems that I'm just paying full price for a phone, broken up into payments. Where's the incentive? I could switch providers and get a brand new phone for free, and have a lighter cell phone bill. Please explain this to me. Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Eligible for upgrade?

You better do your homework.  All carriers have stopped contracts unless the line fee is substantially higher to pay for the phone.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Eligible for upgrade?

There's not much to explain. ATT has done away with 2 year contract discounted phones. So have all of the other carriers with a few exceptions. The reason you can find deals from other carriers is because that's what every carrier does to attract customers. Any free phone you can get is likely not available to their current customers. ATT does the same thing. If you do decide to switch, make sure they provide the service you need. You won't care about the free phone if the service is bad. You should pick your carrier based on who provides the service you need where you need it at a price you are willing to pay.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support