Need help understanding your bill?
bigelarkin's profile

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

Saturday, October 28th, 2017 2:35 PM

Early termination fee?

I'm a 2 year contract, and I think my 2 year contract ends sometimes in Jan. 2018,   I was wondering if I upgraded my phone now would I have to pay any early termatioin fee?    When I go through the upgrade process it dose not tell me if I have to pay for a early termination fee.

and on my online account profile I can't find the end  end date for my 2 year contract

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

No, you only pay an ETF if you cancel service. Upgrading to a different phone will not cause the ETF to be charged.

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

6 years ago

Just onther no more 2 year contracts  only AT&T Next

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@bigelarkin 100% certain you're still on an old CONTRACT, not a NEXT Plan, correct? 

What is the name of your plan?

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

6 years ago

Nation 450 minutes  still on a contract until jan. 3 2018

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@bigelarkin wrote:

Nation 450 minutes  still on a contract until jan. 3 2018

You should be able to do a Next plan on it (I've never done that but it should work).

It might be time to freshen that plan up with a newer one (might be cheaper and have more features).

We can provide tips if/when interested.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

We should warn you ATT has no incentive or reason to allow you to upgrade early.   I have been reading a lot of fussing on facebook by people who are not allowed to upgrade early as they always did in the past.  Verizon never allowed it, don’t know why ATT did.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 

We should warn you ATT has no incentive or reason to allow you to upgrade early.   I have been reading a lot of fussing on facebook by people who are not allowed to upgrade early as they always did in the past.  Verizon never allowed it, don’t know why ATT did.

What's your actual warning? Are you saying they can't do it?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L

Im saying Att spoiled you long time customers for decades with early upgrades and expect to hear more tantrums when ATT says “No” which they are doing to customers now.  

Im seeing them now on Facebook regularly.  Customers actually quit ATT over it.  

Verizon has always been inflexible, so I had 17 years of counter conditioning and expect no such coddling by my carrier.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L

Im saying Att spoiled you long time customers for decades with early upgrades and expect to hear more tantrums when ATT says “No” which they are doing to customers now.  

Im seeing them now on Facebook regularly.  Customers actually quit ATT over it.  

Verizon has always been inflexible, so I had 17 years of counter conditioning and expect no such coddling by my carrier.  

Are you saying you think this poster who appears to be on contract is going to have a problem or not? YES or NO...

I feel like you are saying no, but the tangent of talking about the history of AT&T upgrade and what Verizon is doing is muddying it for me. Asking specifically about the PRESENT with AT&T for OP...

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

I’m saying not to be dssapointed if told no, it is very likely it may happen.   None of the stores local to me will do it.  I don’t know if calling make a difference 

And of course ATT has every right to hold customers to the contract they signed.  Always did.  But it’s new to some folks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.