Need help understanding your bill?
GorillaG78's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 1st, 2018 10:19 PM

Early termination fee

I just signed up for an AT&T post paid plan. Will they pay for my early termination fee from my old carrier if I chose the buy one get one free option? I wasn’t sure if it was either or situation 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Paying your termination fee is from the ATT switch offer. That offer is totally independent of the BOGO offer. In other words, yes you can do both offers. The switch offer is here, read the details carefully: https://extrameasures.att.com/#/home

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@GorillaG78 The switch offer ended 3/31

(except in select ZIP codes in Greater LA, New York City and Chicago)

See here for more details. http://att.com/switch

They only pay up to $325 for ETF (or up to $650 for phone costs).

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 9.08.21 PM.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Well what if I switched and ported my number on the 31st. Would I be able to go back to the store that I went to make the switch and still turn in my old phone to take advantage of the switch offer? Or has that ship sailed 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I am pretty sure that as long as you ported your number on or before March 31st, you qualify for the offer. You certainly have nothing to lose applying for it. Go to the website and register. It should let you know if you qualify and it will explain where and how to turn in old phones. Just realize there is some risk. If you turn in the old phone, then get denied the switch credit later when you submit your final bill, whatever credit you get for the phone is it and it likely won’t be as much as you could get selling it yourself. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@GorillaG78 wrote:

Well what if I switched and ported my number on the 31st. Would I be able to go back to the store that I went to make the switch and still turn in my old phone to take advantage of the switch offer? Or has that ship sailed 

It seems like that would work, obviously, people are not going to have their final bill the day they port out.

I'd say it's worth checking into. Ask via chat and keep a copy of the transcript.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.