ETF and 500 deposit international student

Highlighted
Contributor

ETF and 500 deposit international student

I just bought a iphone 5s with 2 year contract. and I also paid 500 because I don't have ssn. but now I want to cancel my 2 year contract. I know I need to pay ETF for this, but can I have my 500 deposit refund after I pay that fee?

Message 1 of 4 (651 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: ETF and 500 deposit international student

william.i4cu wrote:

I just bought a iphone 5s with 2 year contract. and I also paid 500 because I don't have ssn. but now I want to cancel my 2 year contract. I know I need to pay ETF for this, but can I have my 500 deposit refund after I pay that fee?

I believe you have to have active service for 12 months before being eligible for a deposit refund. Since the iPhone 5s didn't come out until last September, I do not believe you'd qualify. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (643 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

If you cancel your contract, the deposit should be used to pay your ETF and final bill and IF there is any money left, you will receive a refund. If you owe more than the deposit, you will receive a bill for any additional moneys due.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (629 Views)
Contributor

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4 (619 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.