Need help understanding your bill?
candleStopper's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, April 15th, 2012 4:17 AM

Does upgrading ONE line commit every line to another 2-years?

The account I am on is a small business (premier) account. It is also a family business. A couple of lines have used the option to upgrade. Does this commit every phone line on the account to a new contract?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Nope. Each is separate

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

You have no idea how happy that makes me. Now for one other question, can I transfer my old number to another carrier if I decide not to re-commit? If so, how do I do that? Will ATT make it a hassle? I have seen a few different howto's on transferring phone numbers but they all differ. I'm not sure if they are really reliable. If I call ATT will they help me through the process of at least releasing the phone number?

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@candleStopper wrote:

You have no idea how happy that makes me. Now for one other question, can I transfer my old number to another carrier if I decide not to re-commit? If so, how do I do that? Will ATT make it a hassle? I have seen a few different howto's on transferring phone numbers but they all differ. I'm not sure if they are really reliable. If I call ATT will they help me through the process of at least releasing the phone number?

If you want to take an old number to a new carrier, the new carrier will initiate the transfer.  If your line on ATT is not under contract, the account will be closed and life goes on.  If your number on ATT is under contract, your line will be cancelled and they will charge you the appropriate ETF.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

@youngjm wrote:
... If your number on ATT is under contract, your line will be cancelled and they will charge you the appropriate ETF.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

I'm pretty sure each line has a separate contract but I would contact customer care to confirm that info or review contract terms.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.