Need help understanding your bill?
haffenreffer's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 5:47 PM

Disappointed in my choice of AT&T

AT&T offers the best coverage in my area for data speeds and service, but there is no corporate store. I receive discounts through my employer for AT&T, but when I signed up for the plan at Best Buy, they said I'd have to contact AT&T to get them activated. I contacted AT&T and was told that my only option was to drive an hour and a half to the nearest corporate store in Northampton, MA. 

Had I known this would be an issue before hand, I would have stuck with Verizon Wireless. They've allowed me to get the discounts activated in-store as well as over the phone by faxing information. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for your post @haffenreffer. Please visit http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB112885#fbid=dp5zP1iJLoD for options to apply for your employer discounts. If these options do not fit your needs, we can email, mail or fax an IRU enrollment form to you so you do not have to make the drive to a corporate store. 

I hope this helps! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

No, which is the complete problem.

I have to (apparently) drive to the corporate store just to get this done. It's really frustrating, but I should have researched that before hand.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Unfortunatley as far as I know the only way to get discounts is to sign up at an att corporate store with a photo id and proof of employment at the place that offers a discount.

I know this sounds kind of cheasy, but maybe you can make a day out of it? Take a special someone or some co-worker buddies out to a popular restaurant in North Hampton and make stopping at the ATT store for your discount just a bump on the road for an otherwise night on the town during one of your days off?

Theoretically, the money you'll save going through the trouble to get this discount through will be a lot more than the gas it'll take for a round trip to North Hampton. Top it off with going to some place special and it'll hardly even feel like a hassle!

Sorry that this is all even going on in the first place, but I hope you'll choose to stay with ATT.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Awesome! But why wasn't was that an option when I talked to Customer Service on the phone? I'd love to have a form e-mailed to me including information of what would need to be done on my end.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

Unfortunately unless you were speaking to a business customer care rep the normal customer care reps do not know that option is available.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

How can I go about getting an IRU enrollment form e-mailed to me?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

Use the link below to send a message to ATTJulieCS, she can get it started for you.

http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2363489

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

seriously, I would just file an online complaint with the Attorney General for your state.  Somebody from the executive offices or similar will call you and give you your discount and probably a credit or two.   That is the only thing that gets the attention of most companies. 

I was on the phone for hours, multiple phone calls, etc and was still getting the run around about my discount.  I kid you not, when AT&T called me, after being contacted by the Attorney General, they fixed my account in about 5 minutes.   

I had provided proof of my employment when I signed up and I refused to go to the store and fill out more paperwork.

[word filter avoidance]

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@haffenreffer, I received your Private Message and responded with a request for additional information. 

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to take care of this for you:) 

Julie Rae 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am glad I read this post. At&T has been giving me the run around as well. I originally signed up for my account in Oct. 2012. Purchased two new phones , one for me and one for my son. I was not told about any discount offers after giving them all my information, including my employer. I went back in Nov. to add another phone to my account. After hearing about the discount through a co-worker, brought this up to AT&T while adding my third phone. The guy was very nice, gave my discount on hardware, scanned my work ID badge and said I was good to go. Then I got my bill in November...no discount. I called AT&T spoke with several different people, who gave me a fax number to send a new picture of my work ID or pay stub. I scanned my ID faxed and it over. However, since it was after the billing cycle(how convenient) he could not apply it to this bill. I paid my bill in full and he assured me it would be on my next bill as well as a credit. So I just got my new bill...still no discount applied.... I again...call AT&T speak to several different people. To my surprise...no record of anything on my account and I will have to fill out another form and fax it over again...and they are sorry, but since it's after the billing cycle, I will not apply to this bill either. This is very frustrating and making me wonder if AT&T was the best choice for me and my family.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.