Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Did AT&T lose or abandon it business ethics in regards to its customers?

Highlighted
Tutor

Did AT&T lose or abandon it business ethics in regards to its customers?

First and foremost, I have been a loyal DTV customer, "continuously" for over (18+) years.  When I went to look into a (DTV) package upgrade I was immediately transferred to a AT&T/DTV salesperson that kept me on the phone playing tag and pitch a plan, then hold and transfer to another rep for well  over (3) hours, the first night.  Throughout this entire telephone drama I kept rough notes on each and every single promise, offer and lie.  This shotgun type of  "customer service" continued for the next (2+) weeks where I and my wife spent a long as (9+) hours one day sitting waiting, on our landline, my "VERIZON" phone, and the multiple AT&T/DTV customer service web forms we were sent to.  I started with a DTV bill around a ($120.00) per month and a cellular service bill for (4) iPhone 6 cells @ ($50.00) each never exceeding ($350.00) as a combined maximum expense.  At this point and time the promised/sold "combined"  package which was going to save me ($100.00+) dollars per month for the next (2) years now costs me ($470.00+) dollars per month.  From the initial point of contact with the AT&T representative through this moment I have spent over (56+) hours combined trying to rectify this PROBLEM.  During my last "phone" contact I had the unique opportunity of listening to (2) reps argue over the phone about one being a "contractor pushing products" to the other being a AT&T corporate dinosaur that should have taken the buyout.  During a exchange of insults starting with a male rep whose grasp of English is questionable at best, to the dinosaur that very eloquently returned fire with a well defined Texan accent.  The "LADY TEXAN" reconnected to me and advised that I go to the closest AT&T corporate store to resolve my issues.  I have visited the "store" now three seperate times, on one night I closed the store and even bought my store remaining (2) reps a Chick fillet meals while we tried to get this fixed.  I and my family are beyond dissatisfied.. I am a (35+) years government employee and my agency alone has a contract for service and over (800) phones with AT&T as we speak.  ALL I WANT IS TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AS A VALUED CUSTOMER BY AT&T.  Prior to the sale of DTV the staff made you want to be a (18+) year LOYAL customer.  William ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Sage

Re: Did AT&T lose or abandon it business ethics in regards to its customers?

Quotes are for service.  Phones are extra.  

Have you read the bill?  Your first bill doesn’t include credits, those take 2 to 3 bill cycles.  The first bill also includes one time charges and more than a single months service.  

If your old bill didn’t include installments, and your new one does, have you accounted for that?  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support