Need help understanding your bill?
BingW's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 30th, 2012 6:03 PM

Deposit refund after transfer to another family account

Hi all,

I joined a family account in August 20th 2011. When I started the service, I was required to pay a 500$ depoit since I didn't have ssn that time. But I want to transfer to another family account (also AT&T) now, I wonder can I get my deposit back after I transfer? If yes, whom the deposit will be sent to, the old account owner, the new account owner or me? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Your deposit will first be applied to any outstanding balance on the account. 

Then a check will be created and mailed to the billing address and name associated with the account. 

Here is a some great information about deposits: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409269#fbid=A8pz4eQaeWk

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

The deposit will be refunded back to the original account. If there is any unpaid balance, the refund will be applied to that balance and the remainder will be sent in a check made out to the original account holder. 

Does this help? It is handled the same as a closed account: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409269#fbid=Dg8uvpiDMYz

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for your reply. But that didn't answer my question exactly.

My situation is that I want to transfer the billing responsibility from my current family account (under someone else's name) to another family account before August 20th 2012 which is the 12th month of my active service with at&t.

So my questions are will the deposit be applied to the balance of my line or the whole family account and will the check be created payable to my, to the old family account holder or to the new family account holder?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.