Need help understanding your bill?
jyhaeun's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 8:06 PM

Deposit Refund

I really wonder about my deposit.

Actually I opened my at&t account with my friends from family plan on January 2011. When I opened it, we paid $500 deposit each because of international students. And I changed family plan to individual plan on November 2011. At that time, I paid $500 deposit again. Now I refund $500 deposit that I paid when I changed individual plan, but I didn’t refund other deposit when I belonged to family plan. Also now I don’t connect family plan members because someone changed their phone numbers and other went to their country. How can I refund family plan deposit?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

Unfortunately you would have to find a way to get a hold of the original account holder, the $500 you paid for that line would of been refunded to that account holder.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Please review http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409269#fbid=vHiROW4c98R for more information and guidelines regarding your deposit refund. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My friends and I were in a family plan since 2014 and we all paid $500 deposit but we never get it back until now. Can anyone help us with this problem? And as I know, another group of my friends also cannot get their deposits back. I was wondering why this problem occurs so often? 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@iub812369

To get the deposit back, the bills must be paid on time every month.  Any late payments and the deposit is forfeit.  

The deposit is sent by check to the account owner.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I had to harass AT&T for 8 months before I got my refund. I had over 12 months of on-time payments; the refund is not automatically initiated, you have to follow-up with AT&T repeatedly to get your refund. It ultimately took my filing an FCC complaint before I received my refund. Be diligent, document all of your conversations with customer service, don't bother going into a brick&motor location, and don't relent.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am facing the same situation. I put a deposit in 2013 and spent at least 20 hours talking to AT&T agents. If I still can't get in a week I will file a compliant. I strongly suggest you to do the same.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.