Need help understanding your bill?
palmy1234's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 17th, 2019 7:04 PM

Any options to avoid phone data being slowed down?

I am paying 170 a month for 10GB plan. Once over the 10GB they slow my phone data to the equivalency of a flip phone back in 2001. I have been a customer for OVER 10 YEARS. Has anyone else had this issue? I really don't think its necessary to spend another 40 dollars on top of my current bill for unlimited data. Any other options on this one?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Yes, everyone with the same plan who uses up their data experiences the same thing. There is no issue, that is the way the shared data plans work. Unfortunately, getting more shared data is not an option. Your plan no longer exists and current shared data plans only offer 3 or 9 GB. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Ha! Then why does it say unlimited?! 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@HomelessinSF wrote:

Please provide a link to what you are referring to. Also, please make it clear what IT is.

@palmy1234  wrote:

I am paying 170 a month for 10GB plan. Once over the 10GB they slow my phone data to the equivalency of a flip phone back in 2001.

I don't understand, you're paying for a 10GB plan, if you needed more, get a bigger plan. What did you expect to happen after 10GB? (My old plan charged you extra if you went over).

How many lines is that for $170?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

@HomelessinSF wrote:

The OP asked about a 10 gig plan, which doesn’t say unlimited anywhere.  

If YOU have a plan and it says “unlimited” on your bill, then you are never charged for overage, no matter how much you use.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Are you per chance talking about the 10GB hotspot limit on the older unlimited plus plans? If so, you are not paying for a 10GB plan, your plan is unlimited. It is only the hotspot function that has a 10GB limit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.