Need help understanding your bill?
cewc1love's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 1st, 2019 12:54 AM

Data usage overage

My wifi will not be activated for four days and my data usage will probably go over, now what should I do to get reimbursed for these four days?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

@cewc1love, why do you think you should be reimbursed? I go over occasionally and I pay for it because it’s less expensive to do that than to upgrade to unlimited permanently. 

Keep in mind that more recent plans do not have overage charges but instead slow data to ridiculously slow speeds (basically unusable). If you’re on one of those plans, there’s nothing to reimburse. You might just need to closely monitor usage for those 4 days. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

You either pay for a one time overage, or change your plan permanently to one with more data.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, that is a great question. I feel like I need to because my wifi was suppose to be a transfer of service from an old location to a new location. The representative put my order as a self install and assumed the wifi old modem would work at the new location. However, the tech had a new modem and when he came the old one never worked but he left without it working and went on to his next call. Now I have had to use all of my data because I have been having to use my data without wifi. They won't be back to install it properly until Wednesday and if he would have stayed until my wifi was properly installed I would have wifi right now through this labor day weekend.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately, your home internet service not getting installed or activated does not entitle you to any reimbursement for your wireless service. They are separate services.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your opinion let's be clear, I never said entitled. However, great customer service would have been for the installation tech to have completed the install before leaving to the next job correct? I would not be over my data plan if he had completed the install. It would just be great for customer service to a loyal customer of over 20 years. That's all! I know for a fact I pay my bill on time every month and I expect nothing less than them to complete a job that they start, especially if they have the materials needed to complete the job with them at the time of service.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@cewc1love   And if your home services were through Cox, or Comcast would you even ask?   My internet was delayed about 10 days.  We used public WiFi and sucked it up till it was installed.  And at the time it was all AT&T for me.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.