Need help understanding your bill?
carolbrill's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 11th, 2015 12:35 AM

Data Plan Change Pricing

I started off with 2 gig. Then i went to 1 and my bill went down to 84.00. Then i asked them to put it back to 2 gig and they said i can have 3 gig for the price of 2. It appears my bill will be 89.00. But will the hidden fees take it over 100.00 or will my bill truly be the same as it was originally?. I don't want to go over 100.00 per month

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

"Hidden fees" ?
There are no hidden fees for changing your data plan. You can raise and lower it as much as you like.
Keep in mind, once you change a plan you may not be able to get it back and must choose current offers.

Your bill should be the $65 3 GB plan with one line and the installment payment, plus taxes. Unless you have a $35 installment you are under the $100 line.

*****PLEASE do not post any personal, private or identifying information. *****
This is a customer to customer forum. We can't guarantee an employee will see your post.
We will do our best to help you.
Please provide enough details of your problem so that we aren't asking you dumb question, or worse, giving you dumb answers.

If we are able to help, please mark the solution so your question is marked SOLVED, it may help other users. Thank you! 📱

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@carolbrill wrote:
I started off with 2 gig. Then i went to 1 and my bill went down to 84.00. Then i asked them to put it back to 2 gig and they said i can have 3 gig for the price of 2. It appears my bill will be 89.00. But will the hidden fees take it over 100.00 or will my bill truly be the same as it was originally?. I don't want to go over 100.00 per month

If by "hidden fees" you mean the local, state and federal surcharges and taxes, then you will probably be close to $100, but most liekly still less.  AT&T is offering 3GB of data for the smae price you used to pay for 2GB.  I'm not sure if that's a permanaent change, or only a promotional pricing change. If you used to have 2GB of data, then your new bill will be the same as it was then, unless your governmental fees have also gone up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Why is ths state telecommunication tax so much higher on one of my phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Taxes are based on where a phone is used most.  

For example, I moved in September of 2014, only 3 miles within the same town and state.  But my new house is less than a mile from the state line (a lower tax state).  I also do business in the neighboring state often.  So my taxes reflect Massachusets rates, while my ex husband and mother both have higher, CT tax rates.  The difference is only a few cents on the $15 line fees.

This will effect a line if it spends a lot of time in a city with an additional city communications tax.

I think Chicago, and other Illinois cities have such a tax.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.