Need help understanding your bill?
srheberts's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 3:00 AM

Data Message ?

Where are charges like the following coming from?? 06/01 11:11 PM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 7803KB 06/01 08:11 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 3326KB I'm not sending anything and I have even turned my cellular data off at night to avoid these messages but they are still showing up. I've contacted ATT support twice but they cannot explain. I'm really concerned because my email was recently hacked and I think my IPhone is the culprit. They are usually at 11:00 to 11:40 at night, while I'm asleep. I have twenty or more on my bill this month and they are causing me to almost exceed my data limit.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

A micro cell is a device that AT&T sells to fill in coverage voids at home. If you do not know what it is, you don't have one.

Try this: reboot your iPhone - hold the on/off switch for 8-10 seconds until you see the apple logo.
Reset your network settings. Settings>general>reset>reset network settings.

Your issue is not unique but there is not one consistent way to fix this. You may even have to report to restoring your iPhone and setting it up with your old backup or even setting it up as new through iTunes.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@srheberts wrote:
Where are charges like the following coming from?? 06/01 11:11 PM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 7803KB 06/01 08:11 AM phone Internet/MEdia Net Sent 3326KB I'm not sending anything and I have even turned my cellular data off at night to avoid these messages but they are still showing up. I've contacted ATT support twice but they cannot explain. I'm really concerned because my email was recently hacked and I think my IPhone is the culprit. They are usually at 11:00 to 11:40 at night, while I'm asleep. I have twenty or more on my bill this month and they are causing me to almost exceed my data limit.

ATT agregates data usage from the day so the time may not actually represent the point your phone is connecting to their network.  Are you using a micro-cell at home?  If so, there have been reports that there is some glitch causing excessive data.  I have also seen some who say that someone fixed something on their account and the problem was resolved.  

I would search these forums for others with similar problems.

A couple of more questions, have you added any new apps lately?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

No new apps. And to my knowledge I am not using a micro-cell at home. What does that mean?

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

Darn you auto-correct. Resort not report.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

I would even look at Aps that have recently been updated that might need to be deleted and reinstalled.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

My most recent apps I've added were ICloud and Bank of America. I disable both after

I read your question. I don't know what a micro cell is so I don't think I am using one.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

I would advise for you to go to manage apps on your phone and see if there are any apps that are running.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.